SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#248448 - 11/22/08 09:13 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The thing is, at several hundred dollars each, this is no freeware or shareware cheap and cheerful program. This is the same price as many desktop programs that are state of the art.

As such, upgrades should WORK (they cost enough!), and the program should work flawlessly. If Jørgen made this for free, you would cut him a LOT of slack. But several hundred dollars?

I want something that WORKS for software that expensive...

#248449 - 11/23/08 08:44 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
So, what is Klaus doing right now...when he should be working on this $350 program.

No one is going to give him more $ until he takes care of a few issues.

It's a good program in general like Rikki said, but it needs some work. Is he even working on fixing the known issues??

Maybe all users of his program shoud communicate this to him? Then see if anything changes...I hope so, as if it really worked 99% then he would sell tons of them.

You know, I write code for a living (every day), I make plenty of mistakes and my customers know that I will take care of the bugs...in a timely manner, that's why they come back for more work.

No matter if your 1 guy or a big company, if you don't take excellant care of your customers...they go away!

Lee

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248450 - 11/23/08 01:36 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Diki,
for those of us who want to convert Technics, Roland or Ketron styles, EMC has got us over a barrel, no one else writes a style conversion program that will convert these.
Fortunately not the case for converting a psr style, there's ways around it, though more time consuming. At least I don't end up with wrong notes in minor intro's & endings, and tempo changes in the intro's & endings stay intact. ( something else EMC removed)

Be great if it was as simple as changing a Roland .sth or Ketron .pat extension to .mid & turning it into a midifile like you can with the Yamaha .sty extensions, Unfortunately doesn't work as you're no doubt well aware of.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The thing is, at several hundred dollars each, this is no freeware or shareware cheap and cheerful program. This is the same price as many desktop programs that are state of the art.

As such, upgrades should WORK (they cost enough!), and the program should work flawlessly. If Jørgen made this for free, you would cut him a LOT of slack. But several hundred dollars?

I want something that WORKS for software that expensive...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online