SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#248428 - 11/16/08 01:47 AM anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi All,

I am after the following yamaha styles converted into korg format so i can play them / edit them in my PA 800...

here are the styles I need:

- Ibiza 2002
- Bolero Lento
- Beguine
- Guitar Rhumba
- Spanish Paso
- Pop Flamenco
- Vintage Guitar pop
- modern broadway ballad

if anyone has these or can convert them for me it would be super!!!

thanks!
Nick

#248429 - 11/16/08 08:18 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
zuki Offline

Nick,

Are you familiar with this forum? They have all sorts of great information there, including some 3rd party styles. I can say it's a bit difficult to find really good ones.

http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/index.php

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#248430 - 11/17/08 01:28 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nick,
I think I've got most of those for my PSR. I could run them thru EMC for you, but you'll probably need to do a fair amount of editing.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick G:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#248431 - 11/17/08 03:26 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi Rikki,

thanks for the reply,

i have actually made my own versions of some of these styles, I more or less want the bass lines and drum tracks so i can just modify them to the Korg Drum kits etc.

if you could convert these ones for me ide much appreciate it!

- Bolero Lento
- Beguine
- Spanish Paso
- Pop Flamenco
- modern broadway ballad

thanks!

Nick

#248432 - 11/17/08 07:41 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nick,
I'll send them to you shortly.
Bear in mind , EMC sometimes does a lousy job of converting some of the drum tracks.

Have you considered doing them midifile to style?
ie turn psr style into mid file, do your drum track editing in pc sequencer, chop it up into the various parts ( fills , variations etc) & then use the import & copy functions in the PA800 to add them to your styles.
I normally use Power Tracks Pro 12 to do my drum editing. It splits a drum track into individual tracks, makes note & velocity editing a lot easier.

Then I just transpose the tracks to suit the korg drum mapping.
I just keep a copy of the psr drum maps & the korg PA1X drum maps (in the manual )that I downloaded from the Korg site. Not 100% identical to PA800, but close enough.

BTW did you get any dance styles? I've got a few from various sources if you want them.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Hi Rikki,

thanks for the reply,

i have actually made my own versions of some of these styles, I more or less want the bass lines and drum tracks so i can just modify them to the Korg Drum kits etc.

if you could convert these ones for me ide much appreciate it!

- Bolero Lento
- Beguine
- Spanish Paso
- Pop Flamenco
- modern broadway ballad

thanks!

Nick

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#248433 - 11/17/08 07:55 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How come everyone seems happy to pay rather a lot of money for EMC software, and it doesn't really work?

Isn't there SOME way to get this guy to bugfix and improve this?

If he's the only game in town, we need another player...

#248434 - 11/17/08 08:08 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
I agree with you 100%.
I bought the SW then discovered it has lots of problems...

He tried to sell me an upgrade for $300 last year. I told him no way...until he fixed the darn thing so it worked a lot better I wasn't going to spend a dollar.

I still thinks it's the same...

Sad, Yes it would be nice to get another player.

Lee

#248435 - 11/17/08 08:50 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

Yep... about time it's users kicked up enough of a sh tstorm that he either goes broke or fixes it. It ain't right to sell software that doesn't work...

Especially given all the great FREE software for Yamaha's and Roland's that DOES

#248436 - 11/18/08 08:06 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
The best I think we can do is PUBLICLY communicate that buyer beware as it is not such a good product. Some do get some use of it...but it is not as advertised.

One thing for sure they did not get my $$ for the upgrade version!

Lee

#248437 - 11/18/08 11:58 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

I guess when you are the only guy doing it, you've got your users over a barrel.

Given all of Jørgen's expertise and programming skills, isn't it about time he tried to make some essential software that he could SELL (enough freebies for those Yamaha freeloaders!)?

And, of course, at least if he did it, it would WORK!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online