SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#248326 - 11/14/08 09:50 AM How much is the import tax on something like a Tyros 3 case from Europe?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I just got this email back from Oostendorp cases about their Tyros case http://www.oostendorp-muziek.nl/fotos/39054a.jpg

Does anyone know how much the import tax is on something like this? I've called 3 companies who makes ATA Hardcases for flights, and the all charge around $400 for their best flight cases, so this may be an alternative if I can get them even just a little down in price.

"Thanks for your e-mail. The price for sending the case to you is € 150,-. So, you’ll have to pay € 350,- euro’s including the case. When you received the case and you can sent us the customs stamp. You know what I mean? When we received the stamp, then we will sent you the 19% VAT back. So afterwards, you paid € 318.07 in total."

#248327 - 11/14/08 12:27 PM Re: How much is the import tax on something like a Tyros 3 case from Europe?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It looks very nice, but that isn't a flight case. Airport baggage handlers would destroy that in minutes!

Flight cases do not have cloth covers, have metal valences and corners, and real handles... (and no soft bags on the outside)

Compare apples to apples and you'll probably find something over here that will do (you can stencil the fancy Tyros 3 logo on yourself and save a bundle!)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online