SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#247862 - 11/10/08 09:09 AM How many have lowered there rates so far?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I'm finding that I may have to lower my rates in 2009 a couple of bucks do to the economy. I work with a local restaurant provide music for parties, baptisms, birthdays, communions, etc(mostly private functions) when the house band can not. I had a conversation with the owner over the weekend and he's finding that customers are not only booking less, but the ones that do book would rather play background CDs to save on the entertainment. The house band are also going to lower there rates for next year because of this. I charged more since we were not the house band and we have to carry equipment, set-up break down etc. But I’m starting to see that it’s either lower rates or stay home and I rather make a couple bucks less than make nothing at all.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-10-2008).]

#247863 - 11/10/08 09:21 AM Re: How many have lowered there rates so far?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
For my jobs, the cost of the music is a relatively small part of the total expense.

Some of the big horse farms spend over $100,000 on events during the sales. The State and Local government functions are slowing down, but dropping my fee would not matter as far as either having the events or not.

I always have a few "snakes" who always offer to do my jobs for less, but that really hasn't mattered much.

As things get worse in the economy before they get better, we'll have to wait and see.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online