SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#247816 - 11/10/08 05:51 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
The best touch screen so far is Roland, the Korg Icons are too small.

I agree with that.......hope that the next Roland arrangers have a just a little bigger display like the Fanthom series.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-10-2008).]

#247818 - 11/10/08 06:56 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
MY 2 cents worth...
I prefer the touch screen on the PA when doing editing, setup and programming.

It's OK also for most operations...however when it comes to seecting some things FAST! I lijke the dedicated buttions!

So... I want a combination!
A good example is to turn ON/OFF Right 1,2,3,L..I would rather hav a buttion for it.

Also, seems limke the button method wouls be better for the sight impared?

Oh, Fran, I wanted to ask...on the G70...if you push too hard on the touch screen...does it say' Hey buddy not so hard'?????

My PA2XPRO does. :-)

Lee

#247819 - 11/10/08 07:26 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yep....there was a Nigelectomy performed...useless banter was removed.

LOL

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#247820 - 11/10/08 08:03 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Phanoo:
that can be also done with buttons near of the screen !
for example, you have buttons on the right of the screen, and the screen displays the function of each button.

Correct ... my 'archaic' kn6000 has buttons around the screen next to the style/function/voice/ I want to access ... easy as can be ... playing some of the touch screen boards at Frankievee's a few weeks ago made me realize that a touch screen would take some getting used to for me ...
I DO BELIEVE that technics has one of, if not THE easiest Op system going ... it's a damned shame they left the market ... ...

t.

#247821 - 11/10/08 08:05 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Seriously on a side note....How many folks still believe that the Roland operating system is NOT better than Yamaha or Korg and even Ketron....for shear ease of doing what you want to do..I believe know one does it better...

Well, there are more userfriendly, better and "easy to work with" OS, but
unfornately not on the brands who carry on develope/build arr. keyboards.
I still don't understand why any of the manufacturers of todays brands
don't buy, borrow or steal some of the Technics' way of do things.
Composer, Panel-memory and not to forget Dynamic Accomp who was a brilliant
feature that made the styles very lively by give a kind of human tuch in a
different way than by use of the ordinary fills!

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#247822 - 11/10/08 09:15 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gunnar ... I agree totally ...
t.

#247823 - 11/10/08 11:15 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Chony,

Yea, but admit it...how many times have you touched the Tyros screen thinking it was a touch screen after playing the Pa2?????

c'mon, go ahead, admit it...???

LOL
Al

Aaaah, never... I guess I'm just more comfortable with the T3. Its a love-hate relationship, although now I'm leaning more towards the hate part.

It may sound childish, but I really want to punish Yamaha for putting out such a lousy update to the T2...

#247824 - 11/10/08 12:05 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Donny: You still have your E60? thought you sold it. I love mine too. .

Yes I still have it ....almost made the biggest mistake in selling it in haste...
I have seen the light and glad I kept it & thoroughly enjoy the way I can make it sound on stage & all of its wonderful editing features.

Good luck with yours.

#247825 - 11/10/08 12:09 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Aaaah, never... I guess I'm just more comfortable with the T3. Its a love-hate relationship, although now I'm leaning more towards the hate part.

It may sound childish, but I really want to punish Yamaha for putting out such a lousy update to the T2...

Chony Id love to hear you elaborate a little on this if you would......many perspective buyers on the fence T3 would also.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-10-2008).]

#247826 - 11/10/08 12:22 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
musicmanht.., cost isn't really the issue in terms of putting the touch screen into an arranger. Proof that cost isn't as serious of a factor is the new Korg M50. This synth/workstation has a touch screen and the unit is selling for less than the PSR-S900.., and about $100 more than the PSR-S700.

I know the M50 isn't an arranger, but if Korg can put something like this in a synth/workstation and keep the price just barely over $1,000 then the issue of cost really isn't a factor.

I don't think Yamaha has any intention of adding a touch screen to any of their arrangers.., and if they did you'd bet (based on Yamaha pricing) they'd majorly jack the price to the consumer.

Also it wasn't until the release of the Motif XS that yamaha finally got into check and added that nice color screen. Korg's been using the touch screen since the Trinity.., and carried it over to their arrangers. Roland's using it on the G-70 and the new V-Synth GT has a killer touch disply.. Roland was also using a color screen on the Fantom X when Yamaha's Motif ES still used the old mean green.

I don't see Yamaha adding touch screens to arrangers anytime soon.., and IF they did you'd find it on a Tyros replacement (which will probably translate to an additional $200-$400) to the consumer.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online