SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2477 - 01/08/03 10:08 PM Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a question. I like electronic music, and I love synthesizers. But the problem is I have very little talent, and I can not read sheet music. I can regonize notes and know the keys on a keybord and some chords and scales, and a few songs but that is it. I have been able to make up a song, but the problem is that it only works on the keyboard I thought it up on and that's it. Plus I have spent way too much money buying synths that did not get used, and wound up selling them. So my question is is there a way I could create music just for my own enjoyment, with out spending an inordent amount of money? I don't like those home keyboards. I had a Casio CTK-711EX, that never really got used. I was only able to make up one peice of music on it. The features that I do like on synthesziers are the Joystick style pitch bend mod lever, Arpgeiators, espically the ones the sequnce back groove type tracks not just notes going up and or down or both. And Knobs I espically like knobs. I like being able to grab something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2478 - 01/08/03 10:34 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
What is talent? It is often used to describe some innate ability. Talented people often fall behind due to lack of practice and development. In my experiance, one is only good at whatever they practice. The more time you spend in front of a synth, or with any musical instrument in your hands, the better you will be at it. All it takes is time, dedication and desire.

#2479 - 01/08/03 11:10 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you cloakboy. That is the advice I was looking for.

#2480 - 01/09/03 03:45 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
cloakboy is spot on

#2481 - 01/09/03 07:50 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
have you seen band in a box? It has some other nifty things that can help people with writing music.

#2482 - 01/09/03 08:18 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Jiddu, I will ahve to look into that.

#2483 - 01/09/03 10:32 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Band in a Box is a piece of poo poo sandwiched between two ass cheeks. It is an ass sandwich made of ass and poo.

#2484 - 01/09/03 10:48 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL ok cloakboy, what do you suggest?

#2485 - 01/10/03 05:44 AM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Hey Cloakboy, it's not that bad. Useful for making up new keyboard styles (if you're into that). In any case we probably wouldn't have got PowerTracks without BIAB. A nice cheap sequencer with lots of features.

Bryan

#2486 - 01/10/03 07:12 AM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Bryan, what about me? do you have anything advice wise for me. I would appericate it if you answered my question and not another memebers. Thank You!

Regards, Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online