SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#247697 - 11/09/08 06:15 AM Re: PC gurus...., I got a question???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki..., I DO have other programs. I use this older version on another computer that I have my trusty old RS-70 hooked up to (I got 3 synths).

Just for kicks and giggles I wanted to see if I could get this old program to load on a newer computer. The intstall went so well on the older system that it hardly to anything to get it up and running. I'll have another look at the metro settings to see if you can assign a different note for the click.

Oh.., and yes Diki. It's a VERY old version. This version can run on a 95 platform Even though it's older it gets the job done for my RS-70. Got my other two synths running on more up to date software seq's
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#247698 - 11/09/08 07:58 AM Re: PC gurus...., I got a question???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I went back in to have another look. I ended up reinstalling the program. I didn't have any problems with it on my older system and when I downloaded it on that unit.., I was up in running in a matter of minutes with very little tweeking. I didn't have the issue with the metro because on that unit it sent the click to the PC's external speakers without an issue.

I noticed something today though. I went back to the older system to have a look at the metro settings (again I didn't have to dig too deep into those on the older unit). I did notice something though. On my older unit there were several more options for metro settings. Went back to the other computer and realized those options were not showing up. So I did a reinstall..., made a few tweeks during install and those settings now show up.

Yes.., this version lets you set the note for midi click. It wasn't an issue on my older unit so I didn't have to really dig into it. Then., it not even showing up after the download had me really scratching my head.

Oh well.., got her up an running. I don't know why I even installed it. My wife was laughing at me the whole time saying I was crazy for trying to run that old program on this computer I told her it's a guy thing. We do crazy crap "just to see what'll happen". Kinda like going into a store and seeing some electronic equipment with a button that has a bright red blinking light. We can't help it.., as males.., there's some unknown force driving us to "press the button"
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#247699 - 11/09/08 04:27 PM Re: PC gurus...., I got a question???
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
HA!!! Worked like a charm. I set up a user template with metro assigned to channel 16. I then used my keyboards Editor Software to set up a user template that has the patch "Castanets" assigned to channel 16 (which works very well for a click patch by the way).

I then maxed the volume of channel 16 and BAM! Instant click baby If I do end up needing track 16..., I can just make adjustments accordingly as I'll always have the user template for my starter.

Thanks for your replies guys. I was hoping I could just get the PC speakers to work, but it's just becoming a pain in the backside.

A little late to the party but what you did is the way you should always record even with Sonar 8 I track the click as a MIDI file. Checks latency sync with audio as well as well. Nice reference to use for nudging tracks if need be.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-09-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online