I haven't the slightest concern whether an arranger sells well or not. Only that it do it's job. As you well know, my personal favorite is not the most popular, and definitely marketed the worst (of the majors), as shown by some who, after finally after three or four years, finally get to try one and really like it (maybe it's a good thing they went through the others first )...

But, for me, and I honestly believe the large majority of arranger users, the 'style/sound' gestalt is the thing that drives our desire to purchase. I've been saying, for EVER, that your keyboard is great in concept, groundbreaking, potentially limitless. BUT... it doesn't have the 'style/sound' thing together. It's got some great sounds. It's got some great styles. But what it doesn't have is a LARGE collection where BOTH are great.

And the whole thrust of 'you do it yourself' doesn't really acknowledge the main market for arrangers. VERY few do ANY of it themselves, yet alone the vast majority of it. Few people have even the skill to adequately re-voice a Yamaha style to work well on a Roland, yet alone the considerably higher skill needed to re-voice the Yamaha style to work well on a variety of user installed VSTi's.

For all the hullabaloo about OS features and layout, the VAST majority of arranger users expect to be absolutely blown away by the factory 'sound/style' combination. THEN, the adventurous few want to take it further.

You have tipped your hat almost exclusively at just those adventurous few... but left them with the task of even 'style/sound'-ing themselves just to equal the OOTB sound of arrangers far less expensive. That's a pretty big task...

Is the ANY chance you might just take a break from OS upgrade after upgrade, and take a crack at voicing and styling the MS to be competitive, rather than just outpacing all others on 'potential'?

Because most of us want 'potential' realized, rather than potential in our own hands, with far to go.

Sorry if I bore you, but I think I speak for many that would otherwise be climbing over each other to get to one of your keyboards..!