SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#247501 - 02/11/09 08:41 AM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
Dnj Offline

Mike you mean like the Beta Audya

#247502 - 02/11/09 08:47 AM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The factory software did NOT work. The "beta" software, supplied by TC Helicon to Dennis, did better. Still some problems for some of us though.
DonM

#247503 - 02/11/09 01:35 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Forgive me if I am getting this wrong, but is it the upgrade that is flawed (beta) or simply the inability to get your modern computers to spit out the sys-ex and load it correctly?

If the upgrade to the HarmonyM works once you manage to load it, it ain't the problem.

Problem seems to be getting a reliable sys-ex dump (which used to be a no-brainer) rather than the upgrade itself, yes?

#247504 - 02/11/09 01:38 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
DonM Offline

It seems to me that a company producing a brand new, up to the minute piece of equipment would have it able to be addressed by the newer interfaces.
The problem seems to be that the sysex file is sent to fast for the unit to accept it correctly.
I'll worry about it later. The unit is working the same as always, but it would be nice to have the latest upgrade.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes TC to respond to my support emails, if they ever do.
DonM

#247505 - 02/11/09 01:55 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
DonM Offline

Let me get this straight. When I power on the unit it flash "8". But when I power it on holding both voice buttons down, as the website directs, it says "0".
Not sure if I could tell any different in the harmony response, but then I wasn't having any real problems before.
The built in bypass switch engages on push, not release, but the plug-in foot switch engages on release, not push.
Maybe I'm trying to do upgrade when it doesn't need it???
DonM

#247506 - 02/11/09 07:32 PM Re: Harmony M Software Updated!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Don they all flash 8 at turn on. It is onyl when you hold the buttons at startup that you get the OS number.

In answer to Diki, yes. It seems the speed of modern interfaces in transmitting Sysex is so fast, that the H-m's sysex buffers cannot keep up. It gets overloaded and the upgrade fails.

I agree 100% with Don that TC Helicon should have taken newer, faster interfaces into account when preparing the upgrade.

My interface was the very simple Edirol UM1-SX, and even it had issues with the release 1.7.

However the guys at helicon did "something with it, and gave setting suggestions for Midi-Ox and it worked.

To re-iterate my coment on another thread, the tech support service is not exactly stellar either, so I also agree with Don there...the average time between replies to my emails to tech support was 4 days, and it took around 2 and a bit weeks to get it accomplished!!!

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online