SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#247304 - 11/04/08 05:23 PM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You would have thought, by now, that someone would have tracked the issue down... mind you with all the owners (or most, at least) so hell-bent on denying the issue even exists, it must be tough to make yourself try to track down a problem you are reticent to even acknowledge...

Diki, I don't think it's a case of owners denying or confirming anything.

I think it's a case of it either a.doesn't affect them, with what they are doing or how they are using the keyboard,(probably the majority) OR b. they don't really care, probably mostly because of a.

Now I don't own a Korg anymore as my issues with it were NOT fills related...

But if the wonderful and greatly espoused FREE update, that even you were praising, is anything to go by, then it doesn't matter how many time users raise an issue on the forums, the only upgrades are going to be what Korg think will win buyers from other brands.

Look carefully at the Korg forum and at the few wishlist threads and then look at the update and how many of those wishlist items were included... I can tell you, NONE.

No-one, at least as far as my recollection goes, asked for DNC sounds, nor the ability to read music scores.

My point being that no matter how loud and long you crow about a perceived deficiency, it won't make one bit of difference to the people who are programming the updates...

They get their orders from the marketing execs who get theirs from those above them.

And it is ALL about selling more units than their competitor. I would have assumed you knew all of this already.

Dennis

#247305 - 11/04/08 05:33 PM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, I think they'll sell a lot more if Yamaha and Roland, Ketron, etc., users can come over from their familiar arrangers, and NOT have to deal with this issue, no matter HOW seldom it comes up.

And please... How can a timing glitch NOT be a serious issue? Not too many three legged dancers out there! If there were EVER an issue with timing on a Roland, I would not own one. I will never own any arranger that I have to risk (no matter how slight the risk) destroying a groove every time I go to hit a fill.

Maybe Korg's sales division should ponder THAT...

They definitely pondered the risk of not competing head to head with Yamaha on the SA triggering issue. Perhaps they should ponder the issue of the lack of fills, next...

#247306 - 11/04/08 06:01 PM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:

And please... How can a timing glitch NOT be a serious issue? Not too many three legged dancers out there! If there were EVER an issue with timing on a Roland, I would not own one. I will never own any arranger that I have to risk (no matter how slight the risk) destroying a groove every time I go to hit a fill.

its NOT a serious issue because it honestly is hardly noticeable...

and Please...It's your opinion (a Roland owner)that its a SERIOUS issue, but to people who own the actual keyboard, have actually played a PA800 and myself as a potential Korg customer its far from a show stopper...

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 11-04-2008).]

#247307 - 11/04/08 06:06 PM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
Yep, your right...and they just don't do anything to fix it...probably because they don't think it's broke!

The darn problem is...they already sell MORE arrangers than any competitor...LOTS goes to Middle-East.

It will take a buch of distributors to complain to Korg...not us users so much. They do listen to us to an extent...but like you said, they listen to marketing more.

Maybe after this BIG upgrade to get some features for competative reasons is put to bed...we can get some functions we need changed?
We'll see.

Meanwhile..I have not ruled out a T3.
Lee

#247308 - 11/04/08 07:06 PM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
Diki Offline

It's amazing how noticed this 'hardly noticeable' problem has been...

I don't want 'hardly noticeable'. I want 'unnoticeable'

#247309 - 11/04/08 11:23 PM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
It's amazing how noticed this 'hardly noticeable' problem has been...

I don't want 'hardly noticeable'. I want 'unnoticeable'

Just as well Diki you own a wonderful Roland G70

#247310 - 11/05/08 12:49 AM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
Diki Offline

This doesn't mean my G70 doesn't have problems... Just that other people, should they want whatever "hardly noticeable' problems to become 'unnoticeable' would be well advised (as I have) to publicly acknowledge the problem....

#247311 - 11/05/08 04:53 AM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The other nice thing on the Korg is when you press the FILL-BREAK key more than once, it will continue to BREAK until you press it again.

This is great if you want to talk to the audience during a song or if there is a long break in the song.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#247312 - 11/05/08 07:00 AM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
zuki Offline

Again, very minor glitches (very). I found extreme glitches in the G70 and SD-5 (both far worse) as I tried to work songs out. Yamaha is surely smooth, but not perfect!

Nick, when you get the board, you'll be surprised at the tremendous opportunities there are in style play

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#247313 - 11/05/08 03:07 PM Re: about to purchase a PA800 - have just a couple more questions
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
actually I like the korg fill setup. As Al mentioned if you tap it more than once, it will keep repeating.
Makes a fill part useable as a 5th variation in a user style. A fill part can be up to 32 bars long.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
The other nice thing on the Korg is when you press the FILL-BREAK key more than once, it will continue to BREAK until you press it again.

This is great if you want to talk to the audience during a song or if there is a long break in the song.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online