Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I wasn't very impressed with the large pads... they are very sensitive to being hit in anything but the 'sweet spot' and can give very unreliable (read different velocities) results, IMO.

Sonically, I haven't heard the new Expanded M3 except online, but the original reminded me FAR too much of my Triton...

That new 4-way piano is a keeper, though! Karma2 is cool, but lacks much for the more mature player... I don't do much hiphop and trance!

100 or so more R&B (old school!), Rock and jazz Karma setups would help...

Tough to fault the price, though, at nearly a grand less than a MotifXS6...

That has always been an issue with workstations and Modules. Far too many HIp Hop trance and "current" sounds. Which is great if you make that music. But those who write generic songs would rather see more effort placed in making those sounds better along with the synthy stuff. Most Native Instrument and VST Plug Ins do synths like no ones business. Many are free. Getting a good Acoustic sound though seems to be secondary. I bought the Proteus 2000 when it came out Nice module but far too many 80's sounds.

Many who don't like the Yamaha stuff complain about it's lack of modern dance voices and terrible synth sounds. Synth sounds are everywhere. Good acoustic sounds are far and few between.

Acoustic music is rarely dated. Synth Bass is, Gated drums are.

This is some great stuff for those who are computer savy and have Arranging chops of their own. http://www.eastwestsamples.com/details.php?cd_index=1071

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-03-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA