SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#247002 - 11/03/08 09:47 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
John DiLeo Offline

Could someone tell me why every post has to be an argument? Its so childish. I have not posted in a long while because lurking & trying to learn reading in between the fights is a tedious task. Seems even more now with the T3. There are so many knowledgeable people here but you would never know it with all the constant fighting. I wish it would stop so we could learn from each other about arranger keyboards & hpw to work & play them.I'm still enjoying my Tyros 2 & also want to thank all the people who have helped this old man.

#247003 - 11/03/08 09:27 PM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
@jpapas
Do you have Quicktime Player and Java Runtime installed?
LATER:
just tried to get it myself but the message says something like "heavy traffic, come back later"

Thanks for the java runtime tip. That was probably the problem since now I'm getting the same message as you. Oh well, I guess it'll have to be tomorrow.

#247004 - 11/03/08 09:51 PM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
Could someone tell me why every post has to be an argument? Its so childish.

Things were actually fine until Donny had a knee jerk reaction and wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubbles...Instead of drooling on these fluff demos.....has anyone asked themselves what can "I" do playing with this KB if I buy one & is it worth it if I do? This reminds me of watching a barker at a Flea market with everyone looking at his wares demo & going "WOW! Running up and buying his product, but when they get home they say "hey this isn't like when we saw the guy do it in the demo" ;( buyers remorse aside.......good luck with your units everyone....enjoy

which was totally unrequested for and also offensive for other forum members because Donny has no right to infer what we ask to ourselves before buying a keyboard.
Demos are just demos and all the manufacturers put out them, but the quality (of the demo, not of the keyboard) is not the same for all and we are perfectly entitled to discuss and analyze it.
But we all know Donny: he is a nice guy, and like UD wrote once, is a dependable friend and has a big heart as well, but most of the times he is carried away by his temper or his passion and does things that he surely later regrets.
If we all would think more before writing something, things would be better on this forum.

#247005 - 11/03/08 10:49 PM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, if there's anyone who's an expert on 'buyers remorse', it would be Donny. Give the guy a break. He knows what he's talking about!

I think, in the back of my mind (the large, empty part!) that he may have a point, though. For all the talk round here, and talk, and talk, and talk, you would think the point of owning an arranger is so that you can come here and discuss it, praise it, evangelize it, drool over it, try to make other's feel inferior for NOT owning it, just about almost ANYTHING but actually playing it, sharing your music, your soul, your heart.

Half treat it as a status symbol, and the other half treat it as a tool for a job that they don't want to talk about...

Where's the part about playing MUSIC?

Perhaps it's just a lot easier to come here, lay down a few illiterate comments about how YOUR arranger is the only one worth having, all others suck, yo' momma wears army boots, yada yada yada... How can you argue with that? (how can you NOT argue with that, too? )

But making and maybe posting music (maybe SOME of you got it for that reason) opens you up to an actual test. People have to actually LIKE IT. Why risk it, if you can continue to post with no proof of any actual knowledge (apart from specs)? Safer, for some.

Some DO post, though. And, I'm sorry, but I fail to have seen what the fuss is about. No-one walks away with their bowels hanging out. To be honest, little but encouragement and helpful suggestions/criticism is ever offered. Only when someone takes a combative stance and then completely fails to show they knew what they were talking about has had any negative comments come out.

So why so little music...? Perhaps there are more 'pretenders' here than will admit it. And you don't have to be a great musician to recognize bad music when you hear it. Tough to keep 'talking the talk' when you can't... well, you know!

#247006 - 11/04/08 02:28 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Pacesetter Offline

Diki " How Great Thou Art"

#247007 - 11/04/08 12:18 PM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Diki Offline

As I have said, many times, there are others on this forum with chops greater than mine. It doesn't stop me from posting.

Do you honestly WANT this forum to stay the dumping ground for those with more concerns about whether the sliders on an arranger are in the wrong place (whatever THAT means) than to talk about making music...?

Because that's where it has gone. It's like a sports car forum where nobody DRIVES...

I'm sorry, but there are people round here who talk and talk, and then there are people who talk and PLAY. Without the playing part, what value is there in anyone's opinion..? I don't buy an arranger to drool over the specs. I buy it to make music. If I can't make good music with it, why should anyone listen to me. Or you. Or anyone here?

It's not how great I am.... it's how shy most others are....

Shy about their music. But they SURE aren't shy about how right they are, perpetually. And that facade is easy to maintain, as long as you keep refusing to demonstrate the PRACTICAL application of that opinion...

You see, anyone can hold an opinion around here. But sooner or later, with a deafening babel of voices, all shouting contrary opinion at each other, it gets stale. Without example, what worth is opinion?

Might as well talk politics

#247008 - 11/04/08 12:32 PM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Dnj Offline

Diki awesome & So TRUE post that I have been saying for years......ahhhhh whats the use....nothing will change.

#247009 - 11/07/08 06:20 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Heaven knows what happened to this thread but while the bickering has gone on, unfortunately PiensMusic in Deinze have just announced that they have been obliged to remove the demo! So SAD.

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

PSR9000

#247011 - 11/07/08 02:30 PM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Diki Offline

Thing is, BBBB... A lot depends on what you want to get out of posting your music. There are some very good players and musicians on this board, and many are willing to put an honest set of ears on what you are doing, and perhaps give you some good advice either about operational aspects of your arranger use, or simply a frank opinion about the music. If it's great, trust us, we don't knock it just because it is not made on our own personal favorite keyboard (at least, not many - you'll know who those are!), if it's not, we'll try to help you make it better....

On the whole, we're pretty supportive, but also you can get some pretty good advice as to how to make things better NEXT time, if it even needs it...

So, to help you progress at the fastest rate, just putting your stuff up and letting the chips fall where they may is NOT necessarily a bad thing. You can't improve in a vacuum, and most here that MIGHT comment negatively do so with respect, and an honest desire to help you improve. You sound like someone that can take advice and criticism if it is offered in the right way...

What have you got to lose?!

#247013 - 11/07/08 05:03 PM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hey gang..when I get to the place to click to play the demo...the next screen is a request for pricing...
What am I doing wrong?

Lee

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online