Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Outstanding demo...

Those SA2 voices are amazing...

So Diki would you ever buy a Tyros 3?

#246973 - 11/03/08 12:52 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
Doesn't work for me. I only get a big question mark on top of the quicktime logo. Anybody has any idea how to solve this? I really want to watch this video as Peter's demos are always the best.

#246974 - 11/03/08 01:09 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
Quote:
Originally posted by jpapas:
Doesn't work for me. I only get a big question mark on top of the quicktime logo. Anybody has any idea how to solve this? I really want to watch this video as Peter's demos are always the best. The other video works just fine

#246975 - 11/03/08 02:03 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
So Diki would you ever buy a Tyros 3?

Not right now. I'm still holding out for one of two things... either put a 76 on one, or start talking to the other manufacturers, and standardize the Variation, Fill, In/End and break codes, etc..

It is truly pathetic you can't hook two arrangers together, and have them work as one. It's not rocket science... they all have codes, just different ones

Is anyone at Yamaha listening (c'mon, Steve!)? I got brass in pocket... but it's staying there until they talk to each other.

How about user definable codes? Or like that stuff on your software - select a parameter, send it a code, and it maps it...

At the incremental rate that Yamaha are slowly improving the drums, it's be another decade or more before they rock my world! The guitars and basses are already good to go, and of course the SA stuff is amazing, but for me it isn't yet the complete package.

Anyway, I've still got another 5 1/2 years to go on my G70 for it to match my G1000!

#246976 - 11/03/08 02:32 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
After hearing Peter Baartmans and others playing Tyros 3 live, I have to say I had great difficulty staying awake with that demo. (A totally boring and uninformative performance)
Tyros 3 is on tour so when it comes to your area, go and have a try and listen, and ignore that video.

Bill

#246977 - 11/03/08 03:46 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Boring? not at all, very humoristic and entertaining demo.
Yes.....This time non-dutchies have to put some effort into a 'foreign' language !

I still wonder why the only/best demo's are created by dutch musicians ..... e.g. Baartmans, Voncken, Smorenburg etc.

Just compare them to the other brand demo's as MediaStation, Roland, Ketron (audya), Korg, most of them (cheap)handycammed on exhibitions with extremely poor video- and audio quality.

#246978 - 11/03/08 04:26 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Roel,
if you are talking of the audio/video quality, then the credit goes to Yamaha, that organized everything. On the other hand, if you are talking of musical proficiency (chops and good taste), then I have to say that, while I greatly admire and respect Baartmans, Voncken is not in the same league (not even simply talking of chops). And even Baartmans in this demo is following more or less the same script that Martin Harris wrote with the original T3 demo: same sounds, same styles, played in the same order... like he was afraid to be too original or was just told to do so.
On the other hand it's true that Harris is the father of the Tyros 3, so noboby knows the instrument like him, but I think that Baartmans gives his best when he demoes the Clavinovas.

#246979 - 11/03/08 05:34 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Andrea,

Of course also Martin did an axcellent demo. Personally I don't think Peter used the same styles and order as Martin did.
I do agree about the 'different league'

#246980 - 11/03/08 05:40 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
Dnj Offline

Sorry to burst your bubbles...Instead of drooling on these fluff demos.....has anyone asked themselves what can "I" do playing with this KB if I buy one & is it worth it if I do? This reminds me of watching a barker at a Flea market with everyone looking at his wares demo & going "WOW! Running up and buying his product, but when they get home they say "hey this isn't like when we saw the guy do it in the demo" ;( buyers remorse aside.......good luck with your units everyone....enjoy

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-03-2008).]

#246981 - 11/03/08 05:53 AM Re: Tyros-3 Demo Peter Baartmans now online
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Sorry to burst your bubbles...Instead of drooling on these fluff demos.....has anyone asked themselves what can "I" do playing with this KB if I buy one & is it worth it if I do?

Well, Donny, according to people who have seen your act, it would just be another midi player for you, so I guess it wouldn't be all that much of an upgrade.

The Tyros3 is selling very well in my area...of course we don't have Roland E-60s to contend with...

I am very impressed with it...much more substantial than the T2...SA2 voices are unmatched by any arranger.

Of course, it's obvious you haven't played one yet.

Reminds me of the blind men and the elephant...

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-03-2008).]

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online