SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#246867 - 11/01/08 09:53 PM Re: check my new recorded song
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Great song, Adi, and your wife sings beautifully, too...

But... that violin patch Sorry, but not my favorite patch by a long shot! It sounds like it has a phase shifter on it or something... (and I know it's not you, it sounds like that in my G70, too).

There's a patch called Folk Violin that I think sounds a LOT more like a solo violinist, and can get quite gypsy, if you work the bends right. What do you think of that one?

#246868 - 11/01/08 10:06 PM Re: check my new recorded song
Dnj Offline

Diki all the "FOLK" sounds are simply beautiful on the Roland units I find also.

#246869 - 11/02/08 01:30 AM Re: check my new recorded song
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Agree with Diki on the solo violin patch. Nice tune, although whoever wrote it seems to have 'borrowed' the essence of Wind Beneath My Wings and I Believe I Can Fly. If you can sing (and your wife certainly can), you can easily wring a tear out of those type changes coupled with some inspiring key phrase. Nice job, though.

chas

#246870 - 11/02/08 11:10 AM Re: check my new recorded song
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
thanks my friends, i appreciate your nice words! i am glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for your advice.

definitely, the violin is not the best, but i thought for this particularly song this patch was ok. the folk violin, while better in general, i didn't think was the best fit with the song. now, i think i could have been improving the sound by eq-ing it a little bit...

anyway, i'll convince my wife to give me the chance to try some more ideas on some more recordings...

thanks!

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 11-02-2008).]

#246871 - 11/02/08 12:12 PM Re: check my new recorded song
Diki Offline

BTW, Adi... there were a few moments where you got a bit ahead of the beat (before the drums came in, in the intro) that seems to indicate you were putting this down live...

I still feel that making the first pass into the Recorder, and then editing, can help you clean up little slips like this, and provide a great accompaniment track for the wife. If you want, you can record the first section with a drumbeat going, to keep you tight, but you can always erase it out afterwards, and just leave the played chord parts.

Hope this helps.

#246872 - 11/02/08 12:22 PM Re: check my new recorded song
Dnj Offline

#246873 - 11/02/08 03:02 PM Re: check my new recorded song
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i must admit this recording, and pretty much all the material i have recorded yet, are more or less one-shot trials. i am aware of the benefits of really working on a song or mix, but it seems i never manage to make time to really spend the required hours for a well done job.

for instance, this song i recorded on saturday morning in one shot, after that my wife add the voice and finally i played a little bit with reaper software to make it presentable. i noticed all the less than perfect issues, but i just let it go like it is. those early hits are very noticeable also because of the eq and effects i used on the instrumental track... but that's it, it was my only shot and i did not make it perfectly...

really, for me it's a matter of relaxation and i do not have any intentions of making it perfect. not now. it's just something i wanted to share with you, since i thought this song is pretty and my wife could sing it nicely...

btw, here's the song's story... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Raise_Me_Up

i had no idea about all of these facts until ten minutes ago...

#246874 - 11/02/08 04:00 PM Re: check my new recorded song
Diki Offline

Well, it doesn't HAVE to be hours spent on editing.. some simple stuff like this can be just a few minutes. And 'perfect'? NOBODY gets that! All we can shoot for is just a little bit better...

If each time is just a little bit better, sooner or later somebody (but not ourselves, if we are being realistic ) WILL call it perfect!

#246875 - 11/02/08 04:16 PM Re: check my new recorded song
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Adimatis, Very nice sounding tune, I echo everyone's thoughts, your wife has a beautiful voice.

#246876 - 11/02/08 05:41 PM Re: check my new recorded song
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
LOVED IT...She has a wonderful voice on a GREAT song. Don't stop making music together.I wasn't sure if that was a violin or Irish pipe though.

Its truly a wonderful thing to have one's mate love music as much as we.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online