SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#246734 - 11/03/08 11:41 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
So I would assume playing against mp3 or smf tracks in a big entertainment town like Vegas is totally accepted unlike the belief here on SZ to the contrary that musicians are lowering themselves by using them in their acts... NOT!. And I am sure the audiences love them also. It must be cool living there seeing so many different acts all the time.

Good luck to you

I left Vegas 3 years ago. I moved there from San Diego. ( I hated California even more). I found Vegas very heartless. No soul. The town has nothing real. It's an illusion. The music is now canned for the most part in many of the major shows. The lounges are full of either Karaoke, Huge DJ clubs or lounge bands. Not too many single performers. When you see them they are playing a piano and doing light jazz vocals. Karaoke is the king of the small lounges and clubs there. It's cheap and gives people a chance to say they "performed in Vegas" I guess. LOL.
I spent 15 years there because I was based out of there and worked there in a production show which had others around the country and places abroad.

When the housing bubble hit I was more than happy to take the money and run.......

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-03-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246735 - 11/03/08 01:47 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
I have been playing he Tyros 3 for a couple of hours now and from what I can tell the over all sound is much better. Better rverb compared to the older models, the stereo image is much better. If I listen to Tyros2 demos I can hear the difference. The piano sound is much better so to me you are not paying for just a few sounds.

#246736 - 11/03/08 01:56 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:
Hi all,
I have been playing he Tyros 3 for a couple of hours now and from what I can tell the over all sound is much better. Better rverb compared to the older models, the stereo image is much better. If I listen to Tyros2 demos I can hear the difference. The piano sound is much better so to me you are not paying for just a few sounds.

There is one person here who bought it just for a few sounds though and believes he rest is no better than the T2. Chony. Only Yamaha can actually sell a $3000+ keyboard to someone for only 5 new sounds......Amazing.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online