SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#246724 - 11/02/08 05:36 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Nice photos Kingfrog, thanks for posting

#246725 - 11/02/08 05:55 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
zuki Offline

Great pics Kingfrog

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#246726 - 11/02/08 05:59 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
zuki Offline

You also have a beautiful wife that shares your passion - how great

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#246727 - 11/02/08 09:11 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
I lived in LAs Vegas 15 years and never saw a single act with an Arranger keyboard. Always 88 keys. I don't see them here. My wife has been here 30 plus years playing for a living and knows everyone. No one on the "circuit: plays with an Arranger keyboard on a gig.

Reading this Kingfrog.....I would like to know what all the OMB acts are using to perform in your area if not an Arranger KB?

Thanks

#246728 - 11/03/08 10:38 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
John DiLeo Offline

This certainly has to be the worst posted thread I have ever read on the SZ. Pure rubbish & helps no one at all. What is the point of all this hogwash? Can't we just stay on topic so people can come away with something meaningful, this is so childish for grown people to act like this.

#246729 - 11/03/08 10:49 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Reading this Kingfrog.....I would like to know what all the OMB acts are using to perform in your area if not an Arranger KB?

Thanks

They are using guitars and workstations with built in sequencers and from what I see and my wife as well tracks/live drum machines and kick left handed bass. My wife uses tracks she records using the keyboards we had (PA2x) and the Tyros. She feels people are generally not aware of Arrangers and their possibilities in live use. (except the Latinos). She also feels as a pianist she feels obligated and wants to play 88 weighted keys. She does not feel she would lose any work if she took out the Tyros. Buts she is more comfortable playing 88 against a track. She does not like to play unweighted keyboards.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-03-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246730 - 11/03/08 10:53 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
The screen is the same as the Fantoms. It can be easily viewed from any angle.

I usually don't stand on my head playing my keyboard, nor do I stand next to it. So that viewing angle is no plus to me. Besides, my E-80 screen and the Tyros 2 screen I've seen offer very good view at the angle you're supposed to look at it: while playing the thing.

Quote:
The revamped EFX engine allowing 5 efx per style is a major sound difference only those with tin ears could not hear.

I doubt if anyone will notice the difference between 4 or 5 FX processors.

Quote:
The expandability with Voice Packs makes the keyboard open ended which again is another great addition.

Yamaha should be ashamed that this is the first TOTL arranger that allows owners to expand the voices.

Quote:
The ergonomics of the multi pads on the left is arguably better.

...they moved other buttons to the right side of the board, making them harder to use, especially for upgraders from Tyros2 who are used to having those buttons on the left and center.

Quote:
Yamaha is the company everyone loves to hate but is still the standard others are compared to.

You really believe that, don't you?

Oh and about your rant about how Good you are and how much Money you made and how you piss on everyone that thinks an arranger can be used for performing:

It's pathetic.

Spare me the pictures of a wanna-be Neil Diamond, and 'your'(?) "road rig". I could go around posting pictures of Wisseloord Studios (and if you ARE that well-informed about recording, you know what that is) just because I've spent quite some time there recording. But I won't. I would feel very childish, trying to prove something nobody asked me to prove. And in your case, it back-fired enormously.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM http://www.keyboardforum.nl

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 11-03-2008).]

#246731 - 11/03/08 10:55 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
You also have a beautiful wife that shares your passion - how great

She is my passion and begs me to form a duo everyday. I told her if Im going to go back into the live business Im going back to the NEil thing. The guy is nearly 70 and is still selling out AREANA... I could do that for a long time. The problem for me is I feel everything I sing sounds like NEil's Rendition and I can tell you first hand I have heard his renditions of other's songs and it doesn't "fit" He does not have a generic and adaptable voice.

The converse is true as well. Even Elvis singing Sweet Caroline sounds odd. Neils voice is so connected with his songs and disconnected as a "generic voice" that can cover anything well,

I started by accident in a Karaoke bar. No one wanted to hear me do anything but Neil. I am afraid that will be case if I do a duo with her ....for far less money. She does well enough on her own. She don;t need me. Im glad to help her with the tracks and step in for a few songs in her sets now and then..
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246732 - 11/03/08 10:57 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The screen is the same as the Fantoms. It can be easily viewed from any angle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually don't stand on my head playing my keyboard, nor do I stand next to it. So that viewing angle is no plus to me. Besides, my E-80 screen and the Tyros 2 screen I've seen offer very good view at the angle you're supposed to look at it: while playing the thing.

quote:
The revamped EFX engine allowing 5 efx per style is a major sound difference only those with tin ears could not hear.

I doubt if anyone will notice the difference between 4 or 5 FX processors.

quote:
The expandability with Voice Packs makes the keyboard open ended which again is another great addition.

Yamaha should be ashamed that this is the first TOTL arranger that allows owners to expand the voices.

quote:
The ergonomics of the multi pads on the left is arguably better.

...they moved other buttons to the right side of the board, making them harder to use, especially for upgraders from Tyros2 who are used to having those buttons on the left and center.

quote:
Yamaha is the company everyone loves to hate but is still the standard others are compared to.

You really believe that, don't you?

Oh and about your rant about how Good you are and how much Money you made and how you piss on everyone that thinks an arranger can be used for performing:

It's pathetic.

Spare me the pictures of a wanna-be Neil Diamond, and 'your'(?) "road rig". I could go around posting pictures of Wisseloord Studios (and if you ARE that well-informed about recording, you know what that is) just because I've spent quite some time there recording. But I won't. I would feel very childish, trying to prove something nobody asked me to prove. And in your case, it back-fired enormously.

GO ahead post your accomplishments. Don't be embarrassed in your attempts at humility. I won't be offended as you apparently are. (BTW what and who is Wisseloord Studios?) Guess your right I'm not well informed.....And? But yes I am proud of what I was able to do with nothing....and I'm am proud of my wife who is a real musician who is not bitter about not achieving the "dream"...but yet living it every day anyway.

Wow lots of bitter people around here willing to share their contempt.

BTW you actually proved my point about Yamaha being the company everyone loves to hate....Amazing post young man.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-03-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246733 - 11/03/08 11:01 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
They are using guitars and from what I see and my wife as well tracks/live drun machines and left handed bass. My wife uses tracks she records using the keyboards we had (PA2x) and the Tyros. She feels people are generally not aware of Arrangers and their possibilities in live use. (except the Latinios). She also feels as a pianist she HAS to take 88 weighted keys. She does not feel she would lose any work if she took out tje Tyros. Buts she is more comfortable playing 88 against a track.

So I would assume playing against mp3 or smf tracks in a big entertainment town like Vegas is totally accepted unlike the belief here on SZ to the contrary that musicians are lowering themselves by using them in their acts... NOT!. And I am sure the audiences love them also. It must be cool living there seeing so many different acts all the time.

Good luck to you

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online