SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#246694 - 10/31/08 01:41 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Dnj Offline

It's amazing that we have such different opinions from two great Pro players & another going in the total opposite direction on the T3...what gives?

#246695 - 10/31/08 01:51 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Most of the negative posts I've read have been by NON-Tyros3 owners,

And you've managed to basically ignore all the ones by T2>T3 movers that say it ISN'T the Great Leap Forward, or pretend they don't exist

How about acknowledging these knowledgeable posters, and discussing THEIR point of view, rather than just poo-pooing everyone that doesn't share your just as theoretical viewpoint (seeing as how YOU haven't got your hands on one yet, either)?

I mean, here's one on this thread alone, but do you engage him? Kingfrog chooses to leap over the issue and start talking about PA2X vs. T3, rather than talk to the guy that posts something you'd maybe rather not acknowledge...

It's all very well to bait those talking the issue based on demos and specs, but here's someone with DIRECT T2>T3 experience. He's not saying what you want to hear, so you IGNORE HIM?

#246696 - 10/31/08 01:54 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
It's amazing that we have such different opinions from two great Pro players & another going in the total opposite direction on the T3...what gives?

I think the main difference is that Kingfrog uses the organ and the sliders I guess would make a big difference to him. I on the other hand hardly ever need the organ.

He says that I have tin ears because I don't hear that the T3 is much better ... Don't know what to tell you. I am one of the few people on this forum who actually makes a living using my ears. I've mixed and mastered hundreds of productions and I believe that there is not much of a difference between the T2 and T3.

#246697 - 10/31/08 02:33 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
nielshs Offline

Hi

The most important improvement when comparing T2 and T3 is that the T3 has a more dynamic overall sound. It's a big step forward.

Niels

#246698 - 10/31/08 02:42 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
Hi

The most important improvement when comparing T2 and T3 is that the T3 has a more dynamic overall sound. It's a big step forward.

Niels

Niels, is it more dynamic, or did they actually use a compressor to make it stand out more...If it is the latter I would think it has less dynamics..What are your thoughts?

#246699 - 10/31/08 02:48 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
And you've managed to basically ignore all the ones by T2>T3 movers that say it ISN'T the Great Leap Forward, or pretend they don't exist

How about acknowledging these knowledgeable posters, and discussing THEIR point of view, rather than just poo-pooing everyone that doesn't share your just as theoretical viewpoint (seeing as how YOU haven't got your hands on one yet, either)?

Diki, I'm not ignoring posts by T2 users who upgraded to a T3 at all. In fact, I value their input highly, mainly because they've played the keyboard and provided FIRST HAND INFORMATION. As for MY viewpoint, at this stage of the game I don't have one. As stated, I HAVE NOT played the keyboard as yet, therefore, it is virtually impossible for me, or anyone else in the same category, to provide any viewpoint, theoretical or otherwise. However, there seem to be lots of self-proclaimed experts that DO NOT HAVE ANY FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE ON THE T3 AT ALL! When I do manage to get my gnarled fingers on the T3, then and only then, will I post MY evaluation of the keyboard--not before.

And, keep in mind that for me the upgrade would be from a PSR-3000 to a T3, which is a major upgrade. It's also a major expenditure, which I'm not I want to commit to at this time.

One of the primary reasons I still visit this forum on a regular basis is that once in a while you can garner valuable product information from those that have taken the time to explore all the features of new equipment, and additionally, taken time to post it. The problem is, which was readily seen on the previous thread about the same subject, the thread is hijacked and becomes somewhat meaningless. Hopefully, this will not be the case with this thread.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#246700 - 10/31/08 02:52 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
[b]And, keep in mind that for me the upgrade would be from a PSR-3000 to a T3, which is a major upgrade.

If you're upgrading from the 3000, you'll love it.
If you're upgrading from the T2, you won't be too inspired...

I just don't get the guys who say that the T3 has an overall better sound. I performed at 4 weddings this week with it, and didn't feel much of a difference...

#246701 - 10/31/08 03:15 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
nielshs Offline

Hi Fran

The dynamic sound Im talking about is without the compressor turn on. The T3 sound more live and not like the T2's boring CD sound. For the first time im realy enjoying playing a Yamaha arranger.

Niels

#246702 - 10/31/08 03:24 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
I think the main difference is that Kingfrog uses the organ and the sliders I guess would make a big difference to him. I on the other hand hardly ever need the organ.

Actually, Kingfrog has acknowledged that he doesn't really PLAY the arranger at all, at least not in the sense that most of us here do...

He uses it in a non-realtime fashion, to write songs on. He doesn't play it out live anywhere (whether to an audience or not!) and says he couldn't play the old organ parts he USED to play many years ago, because it would be too much work to get his chops back.

So, all in all, a VERY different way of using an arranger to the large majority here. As to his 'ears' and his opinion about the rest of our complete lack of them, well, that's for you to judge based on either work shown, or general attitude.

Personally, I want advice about whether a car is any good, I take it from the man who gets his out of first gear, from time to time

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-31-2008).]

#246703 - 10/31/08 03:46 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I called Guitar Center recently and they said that the Tyros3 is only going to be through "special order" and therefore they won't be handling it in their stores until #1: The economy improves and people can actually afford to buy a 4 Grand item in mass OR #2: Yamaha backpedals on their orginal decision.

I wasn't going to buy one anyway but I sure would've liked to have played one to better distinguish between the similarities versus how it is diverse when comparing it to the T2. I think Yamaha is on the right track in that they are "slowly" evolving their sound technology and other sound enhancements and features for their totl arrangers. All they really need in a T4 is a 76 key version/better Drum kit sounds/real Sampler/longer throw physical drawbars - and I would buy one in a minute. Leave those things off and Yamaha has just lost a future T4 buyer. As if they care right?

BTW, I bet the Tyros 3 can't do this?:

Roland Fantom G7 Demo

>> It is in the French language (Parlez-vous français? ) but what emanates from the keyboard is the important thing. It is also important to try and listen to the whole thing if you can. >> PS: I'm not trying to hijack the thread, so the demo is only meant for the curious at heart and is intended only as a comparison to the T3 regarding sounds and 'accompaniment'.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 10-31-2008).]

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online