SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#246684 - 10/30/08 07:20 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Those who actually PLAY the keyboard, rather than use it in a non-realtime fashion, have considerably different needs, IMO.

Or am I just interpreting those needs differently?

No, Diki I do not believe you are, imo.

I agree, real-time (read live) performers, have different needs in a keyboard to a keyboard used totally within the studio.

Dennis

PS: by "live" I mean play to an audience, it was not meant to be about what people use or play or how they play it.

#246685 - 10/30/08 07:35 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
WHAT I DON'T LIKE:

- Pathetic drums (understatement of the year)
- Overall sound lacks punch
- Very small upgrade compared to the T2
- 8 sliders are not assignable, and the one that is cannot be assigned to the kind of things I'd like.
- No mp3 compatability
- Not enough USER memory (although granted on the T3 the Harddisk is much faster than the T2 so its less of a problem.)

WHAT I DO LIKE:

- The new sax, clarinet and trumpet are great sounds even without the 2 SA buttons. Yamaha finally made sounds that stand out in the mix. (Unlike their drums...)

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 10-30-2008).]

#246686 - 10/30/08 09:09 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Dnj Offline

Well now take a lesson from Chony he knows how to play this game for sure

#246687 - 10/30/08 11:38 PM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Bachus Offline

It has 76 keys ?

Next to that, there is no innovation in the Tyros line, only improvement.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#246688 - 10/31/08 07:06 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Still waiting to get my gnarled fingers on the T3, then, and only then, can I assess the good, the bad and the ugly about the keyboard. Hopefully, this will happen next week.

From all the posts by owners I've read, the vast majority are very happy with the T3 and it's many features. Most of the negative posts I've read have been by NON-Tyros3 owners, and in most instances individuals that have never seen, touched, played or even heard anything other than the website demos. From MY perspective, it's nearly impossible to assess anything by what you hear or see on a website--including this one.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#246689 - 10/31/08 07:52 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Still waiting to get my gnarled fingers on the T3, then, and only then, can I assess the good, the bad and the ugly about the keyboard. Hopefully, this will happen next week.

From all the posts by owners I've read, the vast majority are very happy with the T3 and it's many features. Most of the negative posts I've read have been by NON-Tyros3 owners, and in most instances individuals that have never seen, touched, played or even heard anything other than the website demos. From MY perspective, it's nearly impossible to assess anything by what you hear or see on a website--including this one.

Cheers,

Gary

#246690 - 10/31/08 09:53 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3

Donny: There are some new features about Tyros3 I like (sliders, USB2.0, and a few new SA2 voices), but to answer 'your question', coming from a Tyros2 owner who had the opportunity to play a Tyro3 for nearly an entire day in a friend's studio, there were two things I didn't like:

1) T3's Reg Buttons (1-8) are located in the upper octave area of keyboard, making them convienently accessible only with the right hand. Tyros2's Reg buttons (1-8) on the other hand are easily accessed from either right OR left hand because they're located in the Center of the keyboard directly underneath the LCD Screen.

2) LCD Screen: No Brightness/Contrast Control

All said and done, I'm not convinced the upgrade is worth it to me + the custom reg/style song repetoire (1,200+ songs) conversion work (time=$) it would require. I still love playing my Tyros2 afterall.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-31-2008).]

#246691 - 10/31/08 09:56 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:

Cheers,

Gary

Gary, if you want my opinion - and I was a T2 and now a T3 owner --

it's not much of an upgrade at all. If you have a T2 already, you will essentially be paying for a couple of sounds. The sliders and new FX do not make much of a difference.

I've heard people say that the T3 sounds much better than the T2 ... don't know where they're coming from ... and I've got pretty good ears.

Try before you buy.

#246692 - 10/31/08 11:50 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:

Cheers,

Gary

On the other hand knowing both and having had a PA2x for four months,IMO,the T3 is a huge upgrade. There are 200 Plus more voices of every type Cool,Live,Sweet etc. The sliders make a huge difference when playing the organ flutes, and mixing sequences.

The screen is the same as the Fantoms. It can be easily viewed from any angle.

The revamped EFX engine allowing 5 efx per style is a major sound difference only those with tin ears could not hear.

The expandability with Voice Packs makes the keyboard open ended which again is another great addition.

The ergonomics of the multi pads on the left is arguably better.

You really should first go to both the T2 and T3 website and compare them on paper. Then play it yourself. You are right in that most of those who did purchase the T3 by a huge margin are happy with their choice. For many their expectations were met and exceeded. For others,. they will still be searching for the Holy Grail.

Yamaha is the company everyone loves to hate but is still the standard others are compared to.

That said this is NOT a OMB line out to the amp keyboard without a mixer and Harmonizer. The mike pre amp is terrible as all arranger mike pre amps. The Harmonizer is not something I would use, (The Korg's was slightly better , (but still older gen TC Helicon technology) But those are the weakest areas of both Arrangers I owned.

The Korg is a better OMB Arranger in many aspects IF you prefer the Korg voices handsdown. I cannot speak for the Roland G70 except they are a bargain used when you can find one on Ebay.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-31-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246693 - 10/31/08 11:51 AM Re: What Dont you like about the new Tyros 3 (without politics please) part 2
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Dup

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-31-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online