SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#246464 - 10/27/08 08:40 PM Just played a Tyros 3
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Being a previous owner of a Tyros 2 all I can say is that the Tyros 3 is definitely a noticeable difference in sound quality but I still don’t think it’s as big of an upgrade compared to what the T2 was against the T1…

The build quality is still the same, nothing has changed there.

The screen is better, yes, but still the screen on the T2 wasn’t really that bad anyways?

Sliders – great, every keyboard should have them standard now.

The Piano voice is much much better than the T2, I definitely noticed such a better sound. More richer, deeper, especially the Mellow Grand! It was awesome!

The Reverbs are much better as well (just about on par with the Motif XS)

The new Saxes – great but the original SA Saxaphone is still my favourite

Guitars – still pretty much the same except for the semi acoustic which is basically a nice Jazz Guitar. (I want to see different sampled nylon Guitars as opposed to just the one sample with different effects applied to it).

Example: Live Nylon, SA Concert Guitar, Flamenco Guitar etc are all the same guitar just with different effects and velocity switching levels…

My best feature of the T3 is the fact that it now has a lot of decent usable Synth leads, and Trancy pad sounds coming from the Motif XS. This is where IMO the board has been massively improved.

BUT then when u go to the Dance category in the style list, they are all pretty much the same as they use to be just with nicer revamped sounds. The new Electronica beat isn’t too bad but the Dance Drum kit still doesn’t have enough Punch to bring it alive.
If only they had the Motif drum kits as well it would be so much better.

Overall it’s an awesome board and I really want one but at the moment the AUD price tag of $6,000.00 is way too high…

If the PSR S900 had the same keyfeel as the Tyros line I would but it today as I still think its such a good sounding board for the price, and the fact that its much more portable,

thanks for reading,
Nick

#246465 - 10/28/08 06:18 AM Re: Just played a Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

just wait a year or so ...Tyros 4 is coming and the T3 price will Plummet

#246466 - 10/28/08 06:43 AM Re: Just played a Tyros 3
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Nick,
Thanks for the review.I'm seriously thinking to buy Tyros 3 as i already sold my S900 last week.The organ flutes on s900 are not very impressive.How is the new organ flutes on Tyros-3?are they sound like real drawbars?I wan't to substitute old organ with Tyros3 in our church.please let me know from all tyros3 owners.

Sunny.

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 10-28-2008).]

#246467 - 10/28/08 06:01 PM Re: Just played a Tyros 3
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Sorry to say that i did not explore the organ sounds at all...

#246468 - 10/28/08 08:38 PM Re: Just played a Tyros 3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by sunny152:
Nick,
Thanks for the review.I'm seriously thinking to buy Tyros 3 as i already sold my S900 last week.The organ flutes on s900 are not very impressive.How is the new organ flutes on Tyros-3?are they sound like real drawbars?I wan't to substitute old organ with Tyros3 in our church.please let me know from all tyros3 owners.

Sunny.

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 10-28-2008).]

I think they are fine but I don't have your ears. There is a good demo of the organ on Tyros 3 website.

Like all boards YOU have to make your choice of sounds, Features are objective. Sounds are Subjective.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246469 - 10/29/08 06:03 PM Re: Just played a Tyros 3
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nick,
bit off topic, but have you ever bothered to check out the KorgPA800/PA2X??
Stopped kicking myself for selling my KN7, 4 years ago, after I bought my pa800 last year.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick G:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online