SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#246400 - 10/27/08 05:53 PM Re: Korg new OS
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Don't need new samples..there are thousands already in there...even though I would like some new ones and some have already done some themselves...I may do some of that myself someday soon..just for fun...actually everything I need is probably already there?

We will see how good OS2 is soon...and other upgrades are planned by Korg already.

The key to me will be how 'REAL' the instruments sound AND if they are easy to play.

Never used the score feature on my T2 so no big deal to me on that one...supposedly quite a few new styles will be included in the new musical resource...but we will see soon...

Lee

#246401 - 10/27/08 05:57 PM Re: Korg new OS
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It seems this OS is not for Pa500...

#246402 - 10/27/08 06:29 PM Re: Korg new OS
Dnj Offline

#246403 - 10/27/08 06:37 PM Re: Korg new OS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I never saw an automatic score generation feature that was particularly accurate, anyway. Heck, even Finale can muck it up

Look, I know it's great to play King of the Hill, but it starts to grate when others begin to come close, and they didn't even have to pay for it! Yet alone when one's cherished (and expensive) feature is totally out of your editing capability, and theirs is at their complete command...

Yes, Korg have a way to go to catch up. But at least their owners are not being soaked while they do Ask any T1 owner if he would have liked to have had SA for free... or a T2 owner how happy he would be if Yamaha made SA2 a free upgrade.. (and let him make his own TVN's that used it)

Sure, there's lots more to a T3 than SA2. But nobody's exactly crowing over a score reader, are they? 90% of all the comments about the T3 are those SA2 voices. And the revoiced styles and EQ. Nothing that couldn't have been added to a T2 with a software upgrade and some TVN's.

It's early days for the PA2X owners. But it's done and done with the T3.

#246404 - 10/27/08 06:45 PM Re: Korg new OS
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.mister-music.de/demosongs/GuitarDNC.mp3
http://www.mister-music.de/demosongs/StringsDNC.mp3
http://www.mister-music.de/demosongs/TenorSaxDNC.mp3

this is the upgraded OS2 sounds......?
Oh my! Tyros 3 SA voices have nothing to fear

Close, and pretty good, but far from SA2 territory....skilful playing still doesn't make up for the differences.

Sure it's cool to get the free Korgian upgrade, but if want the best, you still have to get a Tyros3.

Ian

#246405 - 10/27/08 06:52 PM Re: Korg new OS
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I have to say the sax is really nice, wow. very good. But no Korg for me, not until they revamp their entire latin section.

#246406 - 10/27/08 07:02 PM Re: Korg new OS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
if want the best, you still have to get a Tyros3.

Ian

If you want the best SA2 voices, that is.

If you want the best drums, the best sampler, the best sequencer, the best voice editing, the best 76 note keyboard, the best harmonizer, the best style and SMF editing tools, the best Guitar Mode, the best 'live' sound, you may have to look elsewhere....

Look, the technology is in place. All Korg need now is a nice sized sampler load to take full advantage of the new triggering options (again, I remind you of the FREE 600MB+ that Korg gave away for the M3, so let's not assume it ain't coming, along with styles that use it).

How hard is it to imagine how ecstatic all the T2 owners would have been, if Yamaha decided to add SA2 capability (even if not yet fully exploited) FOR FREE...? Or the new guitar triggering modes? Or the score reader?

Or ANYTHING AT ALL...

#246407 - 10/27/08 07:09 PM Re: Korg new OS
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If you want the best SA2 voices, that is.

Correctomundo.They are that good! Best Saxophones and Guitars I have ever played...

It's not just how good they sound, but how easy it is for an average player to really be expressive, and the experienced player to find all those subtle nuances missing from other arrangers.

I know, I know...I sound like a Yamaha ad...you know how biased I am...so, try one out for yourself, my friend, and then decide.

I think you'll be very impressed.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-27-2008).]

#246408 - 10/27/08 07:17 PM Re: Korg new OS
Dnj Offline

There's that word "BEST" again

#246409 - 10/27/08 07:21 PM Re: Korg new OS
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
There's that word "BEST" again

Yes Donny, they are the "Best" I have ever played...my opinion.

When you play a Tyros3 you'll understand.

Ian

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online