SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#246390 - 10/27/08 01:40 PM Korg new OS
zuki Offline

http://korgpa.com/pa_root/en/news/news.html?en

I believe this is what we were waiting for? Just in time to load into my 2X.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#246391 - 10/27/08 01:45 PM Re: Korg new OS
Dnj Offline

Pa2X/Pa800 Operating System Version 2 Preview

OSIMO, Italy — Operating System Version 2.0 for the Pa2X/Pa800, Korg's most powerful arranger keyboards, will be released in November 2008. As usual, the new OS will be freely downloadable from Korg Italy's web site (www.korgpa.com), and can be easily installed by the user.

The new operating system includes important new features and enhancements, such as the extraordinary DNC (Defined Nuance Control), a Score Viewer, a powerful Search function – and much more.

• DNC Defined Nuance Control is a great advancement in sound generation and performance control. By assigning special articulations, noises and nuances to a physical control or playing style, you can increase the realism of your sounds.
By playing legato you can call up a different Sound, use after touch or the joystick to call in breath noise or harmonics. Or let the Pa automatically cycle between slightly different samples to add timbral variety to your playing.

• The Score Viewer displays the lead track (or any other track) as clear and plain traditional musical notations with notes or chords, together with lyrics and chord abbreviations. Chord names can also be seen in different languages (English and Italian). For music learners, we also added a function to show note names next to each note.
The Score Viewer automatically adapts the score display to the track’s key and clef, with automatic beaming, spacing and bar placement. Triplets and accidentals are automatically recognized. A sophisticated interpretation algorithm cleans up the score display, to allow for easy reading even with rubato (non-quantized) playing.

• The Search function is a great help for everyone keeping a huge collection of songs or samples in their hard drives. The flexible Search function can scan your disks or a single directory for files whose name includes the entered text string.

Also new are the extremely efficient polyphony manager, the renewed chord abbreviation display system, the programmable Quarter Tone Scale Presets, the MP3 player assignable to the sub-outs, the pedal calibration procedure, and a ninth drawbar added to the Pa800.

The new Polyphony Algorithm improves the overall performance with a sophisticated real time control, which also takes psychoacoustic parameters into account. Chord abbreviations are now easier to read, by following the standard suggested by “Standardized Chord Symbol Notation (A Uniform System for the Music Profession)” by C. Roemer and C. Brandt. Up to four Quarter Tone Scale Presets can be memorized, and easily recalled with on-screen soft buttons. MP3 audio output can be sent to the sub-outputs for separate mixing. Both the damper and the assignable pedal can be carefully calibrated for better response. And, finally, a Ninth Drawbar has been added to the Pa800 in the Drawbar page.

When you consider all the new features now available, it is almost like getting a whole new keyboard – but in the form of a free update!

OS 2.0 follows on from the powerful options and new OS features released since the introduction of the Pa2X/Pa800. Over the years the Pa-Series has become the keyboard of choice for countless professional musicians worldwide who demand the very best. Korg promised an ongoing series of powerful and exciting new features for the Pa2X/Pa800, and with 2.0 we continue to deliver on our promise.

OS 2.0 continues our commitment to deliver RX Technology that brings the most realistic musical experience for performers and the audience. DNC – Defined Nuance Control – takes RX Technology to a whole new level of the real world usefulness: that professional musicians demand. This is why the Korg Pa-Series instruments are the world’s leading Arranger Keyboards!

The Korg Italy Team

#246392 - 10/27/08 03:25 PM Re: Korg new OS
Bachus Offline

I want to hear a demo of this new OS, compared to the old OS.......

http://keyszone.boards.net

#246393 - 10/27/08 03:52 PM Re: Korg new OS
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
People are saying this is a MAJOR upgrade and cal the T3 aminor upgrade...Thats funny. Yamaha T2 already has much of this "upgrade". Score viewer, The PSR 700 has that

What about the TFT screen, DNC another term for SA1 or 2. They would have to add ROM to matcg the 400 sample layers in a typical SA2 voice. Extra assignable out puts outputs
meh..

This is a typical upgrade certaintly not a new keybard with over 200 more voices, TFT screen, Its nice that Korg did this but it is not creating a whole new keyboard,

I lke the korg and it has it's place but it should have had many of these features alreay on the T2! Ya think?
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246394 - 10/27/08 04:57 PM Re: Korg new OS
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Kingfrog,
difference is it's FREE.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kingfrog:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#246395 - 10/27/08 04:59 PM Re: Korg new OS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I've got a feeling this is not over, yet...

Korg just gave away FOR FREE over 600MB of superb sampler content for the M3 from the Oasys library, including one of the best four-way grand pianos I have heard.

Maybe Korg could be persuaded to format it for PA2...

And Kingfrog... you're kidding, aren't you? How much did it cost a T1 owner to get SA? Or a T2 owner to get SA2? Yep, at least $1000-1500 each time.

Way to go Yamaha.

#246396 - 10/27/08 05:03 PM Re: Korg new OS
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
http://korgpa.com/pa_root/en/news/news.html?en

I believe this is what we were waiting for? Just in time to load into my 2X.

Zuki, you made my heart skip a beat. I thought Korg uploaded the new OS when I saw your post. I know it says November, but the Korg rep who was at Frankieve's Arranger Fiesta said the goal release date was October 19th, in retrospect I think he meant November 19th. I didn't question him about the October because I thought well he's the rep if he says October 19th goal date then it must be. By the way did some say they have the George Washington Bridge for sale?

The Korg rep also had a small sample preview of the new OS including score viewer ( limited use for my purposes) and some DNC voices including acoustic guitar and flute, although they weren't necessarily earth shattering they are an improvement.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-27-2008).]

#246397 - 10/27/08 05:04 PM Re: Korg new OS
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hi Kingfrog...
Also...the complete capabilities of the Defined Nuance Control voices ARE available to use for any voice programming you want!
Not just a small number that will be provided.

WOW!

Go here for a small demo of some of the new voices...http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37642&sid=e1e2a1244e37ce5c282a7a315a1dd5c2

Lee

#246398 - 10/27/08 05:21 PM Re: Korg new OS
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I've got a feeling this is not over, yet...

Korg just gave away FOR FREE over 600MB of superb sampler content for the M3 from the Oasys library, including one of the best four-way grand pianos I have heard.

Maybe Korg could be persuaded to format it for PA2...

And Kingfrog... you're kidding, aren't you? How much did it cost a T1 owner to get SA? Or a T2 owner to get SA2? Yep, at least $1000-1500 each time.

Way to go Yamaha.

SA2 is not the only upgrade. Its just one of many that required a whole new design.
People are quick to forget the rest of the differences. There are a ton of them on paper. Match the specs of both, then look at the Hardware upgrades..
The 200 plus more voices, revamped EFX engibe, Hard drive, Sliders,and Screen, and SA2 voices alone are worth that much. plus m expandability with voice packs, and endless styles to choose from and convert.

I'd say $1000 is a no brainer....$2000? One must decide which they need the most. If I had a T2 I would defiantly spend $1000 for a T3. $2000? That depends on my financial situation and whether I felt the additions were worth it AFTER I actually compared the specs which many apparently have not done. All they hear about is SA2. I would not have upgraded for ONLY SA2 voices...those are a bonus to the rest of the differences

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-27-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246399 - 10/27/08 05:24 PM Re: Korg new OS
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Hi Kingfrog...
Also...the complete capabilities of the Defined Nuance Control voices ARE available to use for any voice programming you want!
Not just a small number that will be provided.

WOW!

Go here for a small demo of some of the new voices...http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37642&sid=e1e2a1244e37ce5c282a7a315a1dd5c2

Lee

INdeed but they are not new samples they are controller manipulations. SA2 voices use aminimum of 400 samples per voice which takes up 1/6th of the entire ROM for 5 voices. I doubt Korg loaded all that ROM for the same effect on ALL the voices.

But its free. OS upgrades are usually a good thing and worth every penny.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online