SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#246028 - 10/25/08 08:01 AM Re: Website guest book....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
My feeling is that its one of those "complimentary" items that can demonstrate to a potential client your credibility. Its basically an expansion on the testimonial section I also have. The guest book, by design, isn't compliments I've specifically picked out and potentially edited, however. People leave a posting directly about their experience.

Can you have a great site without it? Sure, but I think you'd be missing another opportunity to tilt the scales in your favor in a clients mind.

Finally, I know of at least 2 jobs I got because of the guestbook. In one instance a client saw a peer's name with a comment and felt if that person was so pleased, that was all she needed to know to decide to hire me. The other was a long term care facility who called me out of the blue because of the number of great compliments of similar type places.

IMO, a guestbook isn't one of the primary componants to a website, but an important secondary one that can have some nice payoffs. My degree in marketing (Robert Morris College/Pittsburgh '85) also tells me its unwise to pass up on a (usually) free method of getting feedback from your clients...For four years, my Mkt. & Sales Profs were beating it into our heads to never pass up an opportunity to communicate...in either direction...with current or potential clients...

Ok I see your point & advantages Bill....

But, what do you do with NEGATIVE guest book replies on your site?

#246029 - 10/25/08 08:11 AM Re: Website guest book....
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
But, what do you do with NEGATIVE guest book replies on your site?

Honest to God, Donnie, I've never got one...

I can't think of a gig that went bad on me...Sure some aren't as good as some others, but that's normal.

The last guestbook posting I deleted was when our youngest daughter thought that would be a good place to complain about her grounding a few years ago...

We fixed that one pretty fast, lol...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#246030 - 10/25/08 08:15 AM Re: Website guest book....
Dnj Offline

ok Bill....sounds like a great track record..I also have a folder home loaded with written gig accolades that I am thinking about making a picture collage to put on my site too.

Good luck to you

#246031 - 10/25/08 08:19 AM Re: Website guest book....
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
You really should, Donnie...

You problem might be that you have too many!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online