SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#245955 - 10/24/08 09:45 PM Re: Just recorded on the G70
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I for one would LOVE to hear the new T3 guitar mode, doing this kind of stuff... Lots of changes, and very complex jazz chords with decent voice leading.

If it can pull it off to this degree of realism, it's a definite step forward. I'm not sure how many here realize just how inaccurate most arranger's guitar chords are. Korg have made progress, now Yamaha, but until I hear it on material that truly taxes it, rather than simple stuff, you never really know.

How many of us have played recently with a world class guitarist? Refreshing your ears with the real thing can make you less than overwhelmed by most arranger patterns...

In the meantime, you want this degree of accuracy? I'm afraid an SMF (probably made on a MIDI guitar) is about as close as you are going to get. But, don't forget those Mark/Jump buttons... want to rearrange the song during play, even if it IS an SMF? No problem. Want to do a key change on the last time through? No problem. Want to revoice it to more electronic textures with one push of a button? No problem. Want to change the jazz guitar to an acoustic for a verse (and change back for the last)? No problem.

SMF's, unless you are terminally lazy, are NOT the set in stone things they used to be

#245956 - 10/24/08 11:22 PM Re: Just recorded on the G70
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
The title of this tread is: Just recorded on the G70

Maybe there is a difference between "recorded" and played?

Happy Playing
GJ

Btw, Frans recording is quite similiar to the Tune1000 file mentione above.

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 10-24-2008).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#245957 - 10/25/08 03:09 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
Dnj Offline

Excellent Fran, WOW what a sound the G70 has!! Its sounds so live !
Thanx

#245958 - 10/25/08 04:24 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Excellent Fran, WOW what a sound the G70 has!! Its sounds so live !
Thanx

So... are you going to buy one... again?
Or are you just going to settle one more time with the polished, compressed sound of a Yamaha? Maybe you plan to add some Burt Bacharach tunes to your repertoire?

#245959 - 10/25/08 04:40 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Or are you just going to settle one more time with the polished, compressed sound of a Yamaha? Maybe you plan to add some Burt Bacharach tunes to your repertoire?

Oh Dr. Andrea yes all of that.......you just can't argue with success just ask Ian

#245960 - 10/25/08 05:07 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Oh Dr. Andrea yes all of that.......you just can't argue with success just ask Ian

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

How ya doin' so far, Sunshine?

Ian

#245961 - 10/25/08 05:13 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

How ya doin' so far, Sunshine?

Ian

Oh Ian I'm eating crow for breakfast today with a sprinkling of S900

#245962 - 10/25/08 05:26 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
SMF's, unless you are terminally lazy, are NOT the set in stone things they used to be

They sure are more flexible, I imagine, but lets say you want to change a pesky Am7 to a F#m7b5...just because you feel it sounds better.

You could punch in and record all the parts, but how many will be able to do that, or how many will bother?

I still love the control of being able to choose my own chords, or my own style/arrangement of a tune seconds before I play it, or even change a style half way through a piece...

SMF are probably perfect for many people, but not everyone needs, or wants, to use them.

Ian

#245963 - 10/25/08 05:35 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
Dnj Offline

Ian why do you think Yamaha has invested alot of R&D money & hours to include a SMF sequencer on many of their models?

#245964 - 10/25/08 05:49 AM Re: Just recorded on the G70
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Oh Ian I'm eating crow for breakfast today with a sprinkling of S900

I've eaten that dish a few times myself, Donny, many people will take pleasure with the experience of watching you eat crow.

Smart aleck words, smiley faces--they will pull out every trick in the book to make you feel as small as the period at the end of this sentence.

When you eat crow it is up to you how it goes down. I find a bit of laughter helps grease the palate...wash it down with a few chuckles, and then get on with enjoying your talents.

Ian

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online