SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#245401 - 10/24/08 09:25 AM Re: OT - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks again to DonM, Chico and all who took the time to listen! Looking forward to getting some more recording in this weekend.

FLASH -- I received some good news this week! Looks like I may have a New Year's gig playing my T2 to back up a local female singer. If it works out, I'll play some sax too and will take my new curvie to the gig.

Still reading all the T3 posts but so far, I'm resisting the urge to upgrade (particularly with this economy). I did get a reply from a request I sent to Yamaha support -- saying they didn't plan to convert the new T3 styles for T2 users. A big disappointment and not in the best interests of supporting loyal customers.

Y'all have a great weekend!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#245402 - 10/24/08 10:12 AM Re: OT - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by I did get a reply from a request I sent to Yamaha support -- saying they didn't plan to convert the new T3 styles for T2 users. A big disappointment and not in the best interests of supporting loyal customers.
Randy
[/B]

No surprise there Randy......why should they do that Lets face it....they want you to sell your new T2 & buy a T3......
$$$$$$ is the bottom line not the customer always

#245403 - 10/24/08 10:29 AM Re: OT - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
saxxman Offline

Donnie - you're right! Oh well....maybe when the upgraded S900 pops out I'll take the plunge. For now I'm holding w/T2 and hoping maybe some industrious programmer will be able to figure out a way to convert them.

I just checked Ebay and there was a T2 out there wallowing in the $1100 range....WAAAAAA?
Must be a fluke. Mirroring the stock market!

Oh I need an Excedrin!

Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 10-24-2008).]

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#245404 - 10/24/08 10:55 AM Re: OT - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hey there Randy,

For whatever reason, I missed this thread when you originally posted your tune here. A very musically expressive & satsifying rendition to my ears.

I had the opportunity to play T3 for several hours and I appreciate many of its new features, but came away feeling that my T2 (after tweaking) sounds as good as (better?), so in addition to added upgrade expense and considerable time it would require me to convert & tweak T3 (EQ Settings/Compressor, etc) to give it that LIVE in your face (vs CD) sound I get from my tweaked T2, I've decided to wait awhile before re-considering any KB upgrade. I'm convinced that more noticeable gains will be apparent thru continually improving playing techniques.

Re T3 styles converted to play in T2. I know from a good source that this is currently being worked on and will probably be forthcoming sooner than later.

Randy: congratulations on your new sax acquisition and may your new chinese friend bring you years of musical joy.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-24-2008).]

#245405 - 10/24/08 11:45 AM Re: OT - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
saxxman Offline

Scott - thanks for listening and posting! Yeah, I will hope that the style conversion wizards can do their thing so that we can at least enjoy the benefits of the new styles. Please keep me posted as I know you are well networked in the Tyros user community!

The little curvie sax far exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be a toy that I needed to try and most likely would resell on Ebay. Now I am having a hard time leaving it alone. HA HA.... Looking forward to doing some more Xmas stuff this weekend.

Have a great weekend Scott!

Randy

#245406 - 10/24/08 10:33 PM Re: OT - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BTW, Randy... I've been kind of rediscovering Paul Gonsalves, who played with Duke in the late fifties and sixties.

What a monster!

#245407 - 10/25/08 06:57 AM Re: OT - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
saxxman Offline

Diki - you are so so right! What a player! And what a band! Man talk about talent.

Here's a neat link with some dialog about Duke and Paul and some footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WhnbGOka6E&feature=related

YouTube has some quirks, but lots of definite plusses for musicians!! Thanks for bringing Paul into the discussion!

Randy

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online