SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#245147 - 10/17/08 06:19 AM Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Well, the economic woes have now effected me personally – in a small way at least.
Just the other night, I was sharing with restaurant patrons that I did not know anyone who had lost a house to foreclosure or who had lost a job etc. Then yesterday, I received a call from my regular Thursday gig, a restaurant that I have played year around for over 8 years, asking me not to go to work as business has fallen off so sharply for the entire week. They were doing a major cutback across the board – for 'this week only', he stressed. I’ve not had any other cancellations, but who knows what’s coming.
Just in case, we should all learn how to apply for some of that 'bail-out' money.
Ciao,
Jerry

#245148 - 10/17/08 06:46 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
We ain't getting any of that money. Washington bails out all these huge companies that (for the most part) put themselves in the position they are in today, but John and Jane Doe tax payer has to foot the bills for these companies.

I know several people that have lost homes, but I don't know if I should feel bad for them. The people I know made very poor financial decisions..., bought houses they really couldn't afford, lived outside of their means, and are now paying the price for that. What burns me is these large companies that make the same mistake get bailed out by the governement, and you get tons of people like my wife and I who pay our bills, are never late on any payments, and make good financial decisions.., now have to watch our tax dollars go to bail others out.

If all these jerks who drove these companies into the ground get bail-outs..., then damn-it I want another stim. check! They're getting rewarded for bad decisions.. Why can't those of us who pay our bills get another stim. check????

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-17-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#245149 - 10/17/08 07:03 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
As a result of this whole thing...there is a lot of people that should be paying hefty fines AND be in JAIL!

And some of them are in Washington, still making bad decisions today!
Lee

#245150 - 10/17/08 07:59 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I think we should ask Joe The Plumber !

#245151 - 10/17/08 08:27 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
squeak_D Offline

I wouldn't ask Joe now that they've done some research on who this guy really is.... Joe couldn't even afford to buy his boss's company if he wanted to...., and the man's connections and associations scream of "political set-up"....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#245152 - 10/17/08 09:21 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I LOVE when they say the "investment" gains (which I have no doubt will be fairly huge when things recover) will go back to the taxpayers,,,,,...meaning the Government coffers,,,Not the taxpayers. We are the taxpayers. Palin gave the gas taxes money BACK to the TAXPAYERS.

Surely we won't see a dime. It will be windfall for the government ensure the future votes of the "unfortunate"who did not pay for their homes but get to keep them......I know no one who is losing their homes.Except may the girl won the "bidding" and recieved a 100% mortgage on a home I sold in Las Vegas three years ago for stupid money. I moved then to benefit from idiots. I will do it again.

We are looking into renunciation of citizenship and expatriation seriously and keep a home here but move to Costa Rica or the Bahamas if Obama gets elected. Why bother trying to grow a business? Obama Reid and Pelosi along with a filibuster proof congress will certainly hurt those who have gain some modicum of financial success for the beneift of the "less fortunate", I know who they are. I see them with thier cell phones and $2000 rims on their Acura RXs

I don't understand the logic of redistribution or "spreading" of earned wealth. Even If you have multi millions or billions so be it. But keeping $100k out of $200,000 is ridiculous and when added to the rest of the taxes one pays in every other area of the economy......I understand charity but we should have a choice where and to whom and how much we give OUR earned money to.

They will do nothing but spend the next 4 years making excuses and blaming the last eight while creating the environment Jimmy Carter did.

Rant over.
http://www.hiscovenantministries.org/mans_law/exodus.htm

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-17-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245153 - 10/17/08 09:24 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Dnj Offline

Not To Worry

#245154 - 10/17/08 09:53 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
squeak_D Offline

That's a good photoshop pic too. Gotta give it to her though..., Palin already has a figure like that!

#245155 - 10/17/08 10:27 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Shame about the oral part of the exam, though...

She was doing SO WELL as a pinup...

I bet Obama wishes he had picked Halle Berry now

Has anyone told Palin yet that, even though Cheney shot a MAN while hunting, this isn't actually one of the perks? I bet she is already packing the hollow points!

#245156 - 10/17/08 10:52 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Diki Offline

If I were a certain State Trooper up in Alaska, I'd be buying some Dragon Skin if she gets elected

#245157 - 10/17/08 07:30 PM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jerry,

While there is a lot of BS above, keep in mind the restaurant biz is very unstable, even when the economy is going great. Restaurants, nite clubs, bars, etc.., have an incredibly high rate of failure--that's a fact. Most of the restaurants in this part of the world are still jammed to capacity, and the bailout seems to have no effect one way or another on them. And, if anyone really believes the bailout program is working, take a good look at what the stock market did this past week. I'm sure you will find another location to fill the gap, and even during difficult financial times there is always a way to keep the money flowing in your direction.

Good Luck, and I sincerely hope things work out for you,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#245158 - 10/17/08 11:12 PM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Jerry,

While there is a lot of BS above, keep in mind the restaurant biz is very unstable, even when the economy is going great. Restaurants, nite clubs, bars, etc.., have an incredibly high rate of failure--that's a fact. Most of the restaurants in this part of the world are still jammed to capacity, and the bailout seems to have no effect one way or another on them. And, if anyone really believes the bailout program is working, take a good look at what the stock market did this past week. I'm sure you will find another location to fill the gap, and even during difficult financial times there is always a way to keep the money flowing in your direction.

Good Luck, and I sincerely hope things work out for you,

Gary

ITS early in the process. There are Resturants in NY that are not getting the business on Wall Street. Main street will soon follow. This kind of thing creeps on on the individuasl slowly.

Frozen HELOCs are just the beginning.

THESE ARE THE RAINY DAYS WE WERE TOLD TO SAVE FOR.

Retirees in Bonds should be fine. I say let the cards fall as they may and start again. Let the banks fail. Our Banks are fine, Small bamks that were very tough on home motgages. As long as there isnt a run on them all will be fine. The Market offers a HUGE opportunity right now there are 50% discounts on companies that will not go out of business.

If you are young and have 10 years you can amass some decent coin as the market recovers, You just have to know when to sell.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245159 - 10/18/08 09:23 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
We are looking into renunciation of citizenship and expatriation seriously and keep a home here but move to Costa Rica or the Bahamas if Obama gets elected. http://www.hiscovenantministries.org/mans_law/exodus.htm

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-17-2008).]

Vaya con Dios.

While you are 'piously' PRAYING FOR a recession for the rest of your Christian brothers (as stated in one of your previous posts), I'll now be praying (harder than ever) for an Obama victory.

chas

#245160 - 10/18/08 10:29 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Kingfrog Offline

YOur prayers will be answered. We have thrown God out of schools and everywhere....God has gotten the message.
We will no longer beable to say this country has been blessed if we have a single Party system who takes from the haves and gives to the Have nots.........Ask Carl Marx and study early Communist history. First take away the churches...........

We are ALREADY in a recession. Christianity has nothing to do with it. Man has free will. If one is in a personal recession, That is because of the choices he made.Christianity. If he chose to become a nurse or doctor....instead of a musician...no recession. HE chose to help people.....Everything to do with Christianity...LOL We are not in a recession personally. We are ok like 60% of all those who were not in soup lines in the 30's. We saved for this rainy day.

IF he passed on the shiny new car with 84 months of payments, and bought a four year old used car, maybe no recession for him. If he bought a three bedroom 1200 SF home instead of a 3 bedroom 3000 SF house, no recession...... Costa Rica needs musicians and there are a lot of Americans who live there and spend there time.enjoying themselves.

The point is We made sacrifices for over 390 years to enjoy our lives today regardless of the economy. If they want to take our money...We are more than willing to move away from an America that will be buy a figment of what it once was....Pelosi Reed Obama.........Castro Loves it!!!

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-18-2008).]

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245161 - 10/18/08 01:54 PM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
First take away the churches...........

I can live with that. I just got a glimpse of Christianity, first hand. BTW, I showed your post to a friend of mine from Costa Rica; he's praying too; that you'll choose the Bahamas. I'd rethink the Bahamas, though, if I were you. Lots of Obama look-alikes there. Not to mention, very few mental health facilities.

chas

#245162 - 10/18/08 02:39 PM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Diki Offline

'I'm alright, Jack'

Isn't that the Republican motto?

As long as I'm alright, who cares about YOU? Mind you as soon as those same Republicans have problems (from Wall St.'s and Washington's greed and incompetence), boy, you should see the outstretched hands for a bailout.

But I guess the wealthy's needs are more important than the poor's... They are certainly getting 700B (for starters) a lot faster than any 'outreach' program ever got green-lighted.

#245163 - 10/18/08 03:01 PM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I can live with that. I just got a glimpse of Christianity, first hand. BTW, I showed your post to a friend of mine from Costa Rica; he's praying too; that you'll choose the Bahamas. I'd rethink the Bahamas, though, if I were you. Lots of Obama look-alikes there. Not to mention, very few mental health facilities.

chas

I don't mind Obama looka likes I spent 4 months in the Bahamas gigging at the Atlanis. I do mind Obama though.. But hey Castro and Hamas supports him..he can't be all that bad...And I know a few couples who moved to Costa Rica and aren't crying "I wanna come home"...Especially now.

Apparently there are a lot of "have nots" who are waiting in line around here for the grand handouts.........Bring a chair. They' going to run out of those who will pay them...Maybe Barbara Streisand and Bruce Springsteen will hep ya out. Send them a note...you never know. LOL They may send an autographed picture you can trade for a can of soup.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245164 - 10/18/08 03:08 PM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

Vaya con Dios.

While you are 'piously' PRAYING FOR a recession for the rest of your Christian brothers (as stated in one of your previous posts), I'll now be praying (harder than ever) for an Obama victory.

chas

It appears it both our prayers that are bing answered...Ya think? The generous liberals saw to it the "less fortunate" (read lazy) "bought" the homes they could not afford......which started the whole mess to begin with...Thank Clinton for that and your Democratic house and Senate who turned a blind eye to warnings two year ago of the impending crisis......This country deserves the "leadership" it gets.

I have a funny feeling people will come to thier sense and vote Mc Cain Palin......Just a hunch. The young and dumb will stay home and the uneducated welfare recipients will be too busy looking for their next fix to find a way to the polls,

But hey thats what ACORN is for....get Mickey Mouse to vote......for them

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online