SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#244917 - 10/15/08 03:47 PM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess my take is that I don't WANT to have to use two keyboards, one for arranger, one for piano. Why not simply combine the two, and save yourself a fortune!

If all you are is a pianist, well, that's all you need. But a true 'keyboard player' needs to do it ALL... whatever they want, whenever they want, with as little compromise as possible.

I admit that, simply as a sound source and as a pure arranger, the T3 has a lot going for it. I might even get one if it had a 76. But when my clients, or the band I am in need a full(ish!) piano part, I can't exactly say 'sorry guys, this thing isn't big enough!'.

Conversely, If they need tracks or automatic backing, I can't turn round and say 'sorry, this is just a piano, it won't do drums and bass!'

Perhaps not owning or working at a music store makes me a bit more penny-conscious than some around here, but cartage is getting more expensive, gigs are getting rarer, and anything that interferes with my versatility has got to GO...

#244918 - 10/15/08 05:00 PM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BTW, Kingfrog, nice studio... but I'd think carefully about getting some better nearfields! A $5k+ keyboard rig through a $200 a PAIR monitors?!

Or maybe there's something out of frame I can't see?

#244919 - 10/15/08 05:40 PM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Don't Do It!!!
If you do not sing ... Maybe?? But if you do the Pa2x is Nirvana!! Compared to what is out there right now. That is the main reason I will not give up the Korg!
Also Midi Files .. The Yamaha is ... well let me be kind ... Average!
As you stated in your post "there is no perfect arranger".
I am verY confident the 2.0 upgrade will solve the "SA" difference and give the advantage back to the Pa2x.

[This message has been edited by JCkeeys (edited 10-15-2008).]

#244920 - 10/16/08 05:17 AM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
chony Offline

Loc: New York
As an owner of both the T3 and Pa2x:

-If you want good right hand sounds, use the T3.
-If you want good drums and punch for your dance music, stick with the Pa2x.
-If you want to save money, get the T2, and you'll get 97% of the T3 features, at half the price.

#244921 - 10/16/08 05:38 AM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
If you want great 3rd party support, and oodles of styles, registrations and pads, you can't go wrong with Yamaha, Steve...of course, you know that already.

Ian

#244922 - 10/16/08 06:28 AM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks everyone for your feedback. A number of you also called or e-mailed me with your thoughts. I appreciate the support, thank you.

So where am I at, probably the same place I was at before posting. Some of you may have heard of the "Ben Franklin Balance Sheet" You list all the pros and cons of 2 products you're comparing add the pros/cons up and the one with the most points in the pros dept wins. It's a dead heat right now. eek! So.............I've got 2 things before making a decision. The first is to get my butt to Frankieve's store and demo the T3. With my schedule that won't be for a couple of weeks. I also want to access OS2 from Korg then..........

#244923 - 10/16/08 06:30 AM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Steve,

Why choose, GET BOTH!!!! You can help yourself and the economy at the same time! LOL

Ask yourself; "Why am I even considering the T3" to get to the root of the problems with the Pa2. And if those problems cannot be fixed, then you have your answer.

I will sit by and watch vicariously through your decision as it's one that I am also curious about! LOL Your the guinea pig on this one big guy!!!

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#244924 - 10/16/08 06:32 AM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
Dnj Offline

So there you have it,
ROLAND, KORG, YAMAHA, KETRON,

all equally good

doesnt that make it easier?

#244925 - 10/16/08 06:33 AM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Mike and Diki,
Great points. It all boils down to what a player needs from his keyboard. I seldom use more than one split point so the 61 keys are just fine for me. But I agree totally that if I was going to setup multiple split points then the 76 keys would certainly help. Still, for me the weight is a big factor - don't forget the extra weight of the larger case too. Been there done that. The PA1X plus the wheeled gator case damn near killed me.

Guys, I got my T3 yesterday and I have to say it is an absolutely awesome keyboard with some of the best sounds I have heard coming from any keyboard. I am glad I got it.

Hammer

#244926 - 10/16/08 06:39 AM Re: Should I or shouldn't I ? Tyros3
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Steve,

Why choose, GET BOTH!!!! You can help yourself and the economy at the same time! LOL

Ask yourself; "Why am I even considering the T3" to get to the root of the problems with the Pa2. And if those problems cannot be fixed, then you have your answer.

I will sit by and watch vicariously through your decision as it's one that I am also curious about! LOL Your the guinea pig on this one big guy!!!

Regards,
Al

Al, great idea As a patriotic American it is my civic duty to help the economy and what better way than owning both!! BTW our friend TonyMads also suggested a T3 purchase would be good for the economy. Always wanted to be a guinea pig

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online