SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#244694 - 10/14/08 01:21 PM Re: TYROS 3 SUBDUED EXCITEMENT ? Say What?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
I play Guitar Mode live. And I use it in styles. So I guess they're no idiots after all

You can't use Guitar Mode in a style... Period.

You CAN take it's output, and use it to make a style FROM, but as soon as it is in the style, it loses all the things that make it so good... correctly voiced guitar chords on ANY chord, and the ability to change neck positions as you go up the keyboard's chord recognition area.

There's a huge difference between the output in Guitar Mode and in Style Mode...

I already said you CAN use it live, but what's the point? Do you really like taking BOTH hands away from playing, just to get an accompaniment strumming pattern on an acoustic guitar? It doesn't do lead guitar, and, I'm sorry, but most of us at least prefer the guitar to accompany what we DO want to play, not tie ourselves up simply trying to play that accompaniment.

I find it counterintuitive to play, and a PITA to use, and it still comes SO close to being useful, but stumbles at the doorstep... If only the triggering notes could be recorded into a style, so you don't have to play them, just finger the chord (as you already ARE doing), wouldn't that be MUCH better?

But it would involve Roland giving us more than one drum track (so the trigger notes don't get transposed) which is something they have adamantly refused to do after decades of users crying out for the feature (that most other arrangers already have)

#244695 - 10/14/08 08:55 PM Re: TYROS 3 SUBDUED EXCITEMENT ? Say What?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Is it me or I just don't see all the T3 Excitement we had with T1,T2?.....what do you think is the cause of this?

1- Too close to the T2?
2- To soon after the T2?
3- People want more change, 76 keys , features, etc, ?
4- To expensive for what you get?
5- People waiting to see what is coming out on the horizon after winter NAMM 2009?

Please feel free to add to the list or give your own views on this?

I believe people have decided in this age of Arrangers their favorites and new ones by other companies don;t generate as much "press".

I do know Yamaha has plenty of T2s and we can sell them new in the box for $2500. Which outs a damper on the used ones. At $3500 the PSR900 was close enough. At $2500 some will take a second look.

Plus much of the excitement was generated before the release. They have been received well and seem to be selling.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-14-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#244696 - 10/15/08 03:23 AM Re: TYROS 3 SUBDUED EXCITEMENT ? Say What?
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You can't use Guitar Mode in a style... Period.

You CAN take it's output, and use it to make a style FROM

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Yes, I use the OUTPUT of the Guitar Mode to create styles.

Quote:
I already said you CAN use it live, but what's the point? Do you really like taking BOTH hands away from playing, just to get an accompaniment strumming pattern on an acoustic guitar?

Yes. Depending on who I play WITH. I don't use my keyboard as a solo-artist. So to me, the Guitar Mode is useful on-stage as well.

#244697 - 10/15/08 01:40 PM Re: TYROS 3 SUBDUED EXCITEMENT ? Say What?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think I see, Burkels... You sometimes perform without a guitarist in a live setting?

I'd love to hear what you have done using Guitar Mode (stick it up at R-A.com). It's just one of those features that, with just a BIT more work, could catapult Roland back into the game if it worked in Style Mode like Korg's does.

Or even an option to use the Guitar Mode NTT's when you transfer it to Style Mode would be useful. But it's current implementation is SO restrictive. I am glad it's working for SOMEBODY, but for me it's just not practical...

#244698 - 10/18/08 12:59 AM Re: TYROS 3 SUBDUED EXCITEMENT ? Say What?
robbiekeys Offline

Loc: san jose, ca, usa
I personally own a psr 9000 and a roland e80 they are both beautiful boards. My house was broken into and the snagged my tryos and all my collectors guitars. So i can honestly tell you for what they are like comparing a talor to a martin a strat to a les paul.All are premium arrangers. But yamahas programing is very sterile and roland's sound a very woody and accoustic. Each company has a very viable musical slant and perspective.
The e80 is lacking in a break fill button multi pads and a step entry chord sequncer which i and others have told jan vogel at roland that this former g1000 and em2000 and g800 option needs to be written into version 3 upgrade. The e80 sounds like nothing else sound and stlye wise also you it displays instantly for you good chords on the spot in the base of the lyrics window and on an external tv for jammin.
All these companies practice string em along marketing thats why i'm still pissed at them all. Our arrangers should be over the top better each new model and not lacking in previous genius features.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online