SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#244521 - 10/10/08 08:06 AM Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
I haven't seen this posted before. Rich Formidoni from Korg USA demonstrates the Pa2X at this years Summer NAMM:
http://www.korg.com/KMplay/WMplay.htm?path=http://video.korgusa.com/km/Pa2XPRObig2.wmv

Kind regards,
Tommy

#244522 - 10/10/08 08:11 AM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
Dnj Offline

Tommy

Thanks for the heads up....
I've seen this one before Excellent Demo....watching AGAIN Now!

At 5:05 in the demo I love the BACKING TRACK features this unit has. Maybe I should get another KORG, I miss alot these live performance features which are hard to beat on any Keyboard out there for sure. Tyros has none of this.

I also want to publicly thank you for all the help you gave me with my KORG arrangers a while back also. I appreciate it mucho !

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-10-2008).]

#244523 - 10/10/08 09:01 AM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
TommyF Offline

Quote:
I also want to publicly thank you for all the help you gave me with my KORG arrangers a while back also. I appreciate it mucho ![/B]

Thank you for the kind words. I have enjoyed visiting this forum for many years and was only happy to be able to help one of its premier members And it wasn't that difficult for me - actually I find that the Korg Pa series has the most powerful and easy to use operating system of the current generation of arrangers, but it might have something to do with my background in software engineering

Kind regards,
Tommy

#244524 - 10/10/08 03:25 PM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
its an excellent demo and shows the versatility of the Korg PA keyboards. Thats precisely why i got the Korg . The funyy thing is (to me) that there was nothing done on that demo that the PA1X cant do. Nothing ! Thats why i did not change up and anyone that wants a great cutting edge PA keyboard at absolutely great value prices should be looking to pick up the PA1X over the PA2X just from a value for money principle.

#244525 - 10/10/08 03:55 PM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
Dnj Offline

What are the main differences between the two PA1x/2x models? besides the motorized screen which I love & exterior design?
I would have to say that KORG has addressed the arranger market big time more then ANY other company on the market in so many ways regarding players needs, & in features.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-10-2008).]

#244526 - 10/10/08 05:41 PM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
the ram memry on the PA2X can be expanded to 256MB whereas the PA1X is only 32 MB. The polyphony has been increased from 62 to 124 i think. The Pa2x boots up quicker than the PA1X and its supposed to have a better sound engine but to my ears you would be hard pushed to hear a difference. The key difference is that the PA2X has guitar mode which can help you create very realistic guitar patterns.The Pa1x doesnt have it.The styles are basically identical in both keyboards. Where guitar tracks are used in the styles they sound more realistic. Other than that we are talking about minimal subjective differences.

The clincher for me is that the PA1X has a very solid and stable, tried and tested operating system. The PA2X has not settled down yet but there is a major update in a few weeks time that might change all the above from what i have heard.

#244527 - 10/10/08 05:51 PM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by TommyF:
Thank you for the kind words. I have enjoyed visiting this forum for many years and was only happy to be able to help one of its premier members And it wasn't that difficult for me - actually I find that the Korg Pa series has the most powerful and easy to use operating system of the current generation of arrangers, but it might have something to do with my background in software engineering

Kind regards,
Tommy

Tommy although I work in IT, I'm not in software engineering. I agree this Pa2xPro has an easy to use OS. Thanks for posting the link to that video, although I had seen it sometime ago, it was great to see it again.

On the topic of OS2 a Korg rep I spoke to indicated Korg's goal was to release the OS on October 19th, whether they do or not is another thing.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-10-2008).]

#244528 - 10/10/08 06:39 PM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
the ram memry on the PA2X can be expanded to 256MB whereas the PA1X is only 32 MB. The polyphony has been increased from 62 to 124 i think. The Pa2x boots up quicker than the PA1X and its supposed to have a better sound engine but to my ears you would be hard pushed to hear a difference. The key difference is that the PA2X has guitar mode which can help you create very realistic guitar patterns.The Pa1x doesnt have it.The styles are basically identical in both keyboards. Where guitar tracks are used in the styles they sound more realistic. Other than that we are talking about minimal subjective differences.

The clincher for me is that the PA1X has a very solid and stable, tried and tested operating system. The PA2X has not settled down yet but there is a major update in a few weeks time that might change all the above from what i have heard.

Spalding thank you cant wait for OS2

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-11-2008).]

#244529 - 10/10/08 10:36 PM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
TommyF Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
On the topic of OS2 a Korg rep I spoke to indicated Korg's goal was to release the OS on October 19th, whether they do or not is another thing.

I really hope that this is true. I can't wait to try out the new DNC sounds. Last news I heard is that OS 2.0 will include 20 DNC sounds.

Kind regards,
Tommy

#244530 - 10/11/08 03:06 AM Re: Korg Pa2X Demo Summer NAMM '08
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by TommyF:
I really hope that this is true. I can't wait to try out the new DNC sounds. Last news I heard is that OS 2.0 will include 20 DNC sounds.

Kind regards,
Tommy

Tommy, Also being released along with the 20 DNC sounds are 42 " Platnium" styles. I asked what the "Platnium" meant, it just marketing hype.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online