Loc: Montreal,QC, Canada
In the owner manual :

PROBLEM
In the LCD display, there are some
black points (unlit) or white points
(always lit).

SOLUTION
These are the result of defective pixels and occasionally occur in TFT LCDs;
they do not indicate a problem in operation.

no garanteed ???

Jean-Marie

#244330 - 10/07/08 09:33 AM Re: Tyros 3 Troubleshooting
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The same type of "warning" is listed in LCD/LDP/PLASMA television set manuals. It is something that "can" occur on TFT LCD displays but it will NOT affect the overall functionality of the display itself. Unless, of course, there is an "over abundance" of pixelated errors on the display. If that were indeed the case, then a person should consider returning the device for a replacement within the 30 day "no questions asked" return policy given on the device e.g. the Tyros3 etc., that exhibit such an errant pixilated LCD behavior.

There will probably not be a single Tyros3 TFT LCD display that would exhibit such an errant pixilated behavior though, and therefore, would NOT require replacing. In other words, there is no need for concern because it is a commonality in these types of displays but it won't affect the overall operation of it. So relax.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 10-07-2008).]

#244331 - 10/07/08 10:10 AM Re: Tyros 3 Troubleshooting
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
There will probably not be a single Tyros3 TFT LCD display that would exhibit such an errant pixilated behavior though, and therefore, would NOT require replacing.

All products have a failure rate and therefore it only stands to reason that some screens on the Tyros 3 will fail and have more bad pixels than some people are willing to accept. Generally it requires at least 5 bad pixels before most manufacturers will replace a screen. While most times a bad pixel or two won't affect the user in some cases dependent upon where the bad pixel is it can be very annoying.

It should be noted that bad or stuck pixels can often be unstuck by applying light pressure to the area directly where the pixel is and massaging it very gently. There are also programs you can run to try and renew stuck pixels although they aren't always successful.

#244332 - 10/07/08 10:14 AM Re: Tyros 3 Troubleshooting
leezone Offline

if i'm gonna dish out $4k,

i want zero dead pixels or i'm returning it

#244333 - 10/07/08 10:30 AM Re: Tyros 3 Troubleshooting
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
if i'm gonna dish out $4k,

i want zero dead pixels or i'm returning it

$4k???

buyer beware

#244334 - 10/07/08 08:26 PM Re: Tyros 3 Troubleshooting
leezone Offline

ye,

is that not the approx cost of the Tyros 3?

#244335 - 10/07/08 09:55 PM Re: Tyros 3 Troubleshooting
Bachus Offline

That dead pixel pollicy comes from a few years back...

overhere in Holland someone took it to court for a computer screen and he won the case, current production technologies are at such a high level that selling screens with bad/dead pixels should not be allowed.

The customer allways has the right to buy a flawless opperating device... If Yamaha does not replace your screen with a flawless working one, (espescially with the current pricing and the screen production cost being lower then $100) people should never again from them, as they clearly don't care for the customers in that case.

So call your reseller and demand a new screen for your unit.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online