SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#244081 - 10/06/08 04:15 AM A Fine Gentlemen
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Who else but our own Capt. Russ. Russ was moved enough by the plight of some of our elderly brother musicians whose lives were devastated by Katrina in New Orleans' ninth ward, to accelerate his pledged donation. Like some others on this board, I decided that it was only right (if able) to match Russ' generous gift to OUR chosen charity. When I mentioned this to the chairman of the Social Justice Committee in our church, and the gist of Russ' 'give back' program, she was moved enough by what she viewed as possibly a slow return to the idealism of the 60's and 70's, that she got the committee to donate another $200 to our charity.

So as a result of Russ' generosity, NOLAHH will now be getting a generous assist in the great work they are doing there. And although I know Russ isn't doing this for any kind of personal recognition, with all the negative things that go on on this board, I thought something like this deserved a special shoutout. So on behalf of all those old geezers who, despite their often desperate situation, still try to keep the tradition of this great music alive, I say, thank you Russ.

chas

#244082 - 10/06/08 07:59 AM Re: A Fine Gentlemen
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Isn't that GREAT? Please thank the church, Chas. You're the one who turned one small gift into 4 times that amount.

That generosity isn't a suprise, coming from one of the guys I respect most here.

Russ

#244083 - 10/06/08 10:16 AM Re: A Fine Gentlemen
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
What a noble venture! I'm sure the folks down there welcomed it with open arms.

>> I must have missed the topic thread that started this whole thing. Glad to see it was a success though guys.

Best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online