SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243579 - 10/01/08 03:39 PM Re: Tyros3 : still has pathetically low 3.2MB Internal Flash Memory
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
I just loaded up the T3 with Styles and I managed to fit 470 Styles in it before I ran out of memory.

Hi Steve. First off, sorry for the erroneous info I gave. Here's my actual T2 USER Memory maxed out contents with breakdown:

Styles: 92
Reg Bank Files: 11
Songs: 0
Multipad: 1
Voices: 5

My Tyros2 USER Memory obviously holds more than I originally stated, but it's still FAR less than I desire as my song perf reptoire includes over 800 songs which utilize customized styles (including custom OTS/ often linked to TVN voices). That said, I'd be happy if my keyboard USER MEMORY could hold even 200 styles, so surprised to learn that you're able to store 475 styles into your T3 internal flash memory.

If T3 only includes 3.2MB (3,276.8 KB)internal flash memory (of which it states on page 113 of the T3 Owners manual) then the MAXIMUM number of styles storable would be 65 styles (if 50KB each). If you're able to fit 470 styles then T3 USER MEMORY would be more like 23MB, not 3.2MB, so I'm hoping now that Yamaha may have indeed answered my request for substantially more INTERNAL FLASH MEMORY and that the 3.2MB given to be merely a typo in the T3 manual. I certanly hope this to be the case. Steve. Please check into this more to confirm. Many Thanks - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-01-2008).]

#243580 - 10/01/08 10:27 PM Re: Tyros3 : still has pathetically low 3.2MB Internal Flash Memory
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Steve Demming,

Please clarify: I can only fit about 60-70 styles in my USER style area on the T2 - and its not enough. On my Pa2x, I have 20MB of flash memory and I have yet to reach the limit...

If you are putting 470 styles in your T3, could it be there's a printing mistake and the T3 has more flash memory than advertised?

Please clarify. This is an important piece of information for many of us...

#243581 - 10/02/08 11:02 AM Re: Tyros3 : still has pathetically low 3.2MB Internal Flash Memory
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
My apologies. It is absolutely 3.2Mb. There is some kind of a pointer system in use when copying to factory styles to internal memory. I'll update you guys when I know more but suffice it to say, it fooled me and I gave you guys incorrect info. There is no way to get even 100 "external" styles into the User drive.

I am now pushing for an update to allow the Music Finder to access Styles from the harddrive. If I hear anything, you will be the first to know.

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
www.yamaha.com/pacsupport

#243582 - 10/02/08 04:27 PM Re: Tyros3 : still has pathetically low 3.2MB Internal Flash Memory
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'd shoot for whatever storage medium has the fastest access time... if that's the USB stick drive, go for that, if it's the hard drive (although I doubt it... access and seek times in particular can make those slower than sticks) go for that...

Or just make it so ANY attached memory can be accessed by the MFD

BTW, G70 has 50MB flash RAM, with about 25-30MB free for the user... and a PCMCIA card slot that is exactly as fast as the internal (where I have 4GB attached )

#243583 - 10/02/08 08:49 PM Re: Tyros3 : still has pathetically low 3.2MB Internal Flash Memory
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
My apologies. It is absolutely 3.2Mb.

I am now pushing for an update to allow the Music Finder to access Styles from the harddrive. If I hear anything, you will be the first to know.

I hate to be a nit picker Steve but the way you stated the internal memory for the T3 i.e. = 3.2Mb, the actual internal memory of the T3 would be a total of = 400KB.

I realize it was just an oversight on your part but can easily be misinterpreted by those who are knowledgeable of computer language terms and their meaning and read into it accordingly. The way it should be written is: 3.2MB i.e. Mega 'B' "Bytes" NOT 'b' Bits, as the way you wrote it.

Again, sorry for being a nit picker but it is important that "everyone" really understand the "true" amount of the T3 internal memory instead of a typographically incorrect one, even though most of us here on the forum understood what you meant.

Best,
Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online