SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243544 - 10/01/08 06:33 AM Re: Tyros 3 Demo DVD converted to WMA for Broadband
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
Thanks Bill . The T3 sounds great.But still sounds like the T2 !!! I dont know what others are hearing that makes them want to pay another chunk of money for nearly 80% of what they already have ????

I was thinking the same thing....I wish they would have gave MORE Attention to upgrading & improving features. In my eyes so far (I may be wrong) but the whole Tyros line is going more of the way of the HOME ORGAN PLAYER very fast with no regard to the professional gigging musicians who needs a good VH & needed on deck navigational features many are asking for eg: MFD, VH, independent mode play, etc, etc,I need more then just a good sounding arranger ...............the hype is blinding

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-01-2008).]

#243545 - 10/01/08 08:53 AM Re: Tyros 3 Demo DVD converted to WMA for Broadband
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I need more then just a good sounding arranger ...............the hype is blinding

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-01-2008).]

After watching the videos I find this definitely a case of "Selling the Sizzle not the Steak" Sure it sounds great, but also watch the number of fingers they are using playing melody lines.

#243546 - 10/01/08 05:03 PM Re: Tyros 3 Demo DVD converted to WMA for Broadband
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Bill its probably a good idea to remove the links if this stuff is copywrited. I thought it was just a promotional video but it appears they are being sold.

#243547 - 10/01/08 05:29 PM Re: Tyros 3 Demo DVD converted to WMA for Broadband
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
Bill its probably a good idea to remove the links if this stuff is copywrited. I thought it was just a promotional video but it appears they are being sold.

They are being offered free of charge in the UK by the makers.

Free Tyros3 Promotional DVD for UK Residents Courtesy of Yamaha UK
Monday, 29th September, 2008 - 10:19am Add comments Yamaha UK have kindly allocated hundreds of copies of the new Yamaha Tyros3 Promotional DVD created by the Yamaha Club for UK visitors of ‘Yamaha Personal Keyboard Owner‘.

I have created a request form for UK visitors to fill in if they haven’t already received a copy of the DVD from the Yamaha Club, Keyboard Cavalcade or their local dealer. Please note that any information entered is sent directly to Yamaha UK and they will process and distribute the DVD.

To request a copy (UK Residents only!), click the link below:

http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=855

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 10-01-2008).]

#243548 - 10/02/08 04:01 PM Re: Tyros 3 Demo DVD converted to WMA for Broadband
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For arranger players who, because nobody seems to either understand or care about what a Chord Sequencer can do for you, always HAVE to play the chords constantly for a song (whether it's a repeat head or not), one can only hope that all the SA2 tricks can be assigned to the multi button footpedals.

Or there is going to be a LOT of chord clams as you dash backwards and forwards between those SA2 buttons, bend and mod wheels, variation and fill buttons and the poor neglected keyboard

Talk about a cat on a hot tin roof...

#243549 - 10/02/08 11:33 PM Re: Tyros 3 Demo DVD converted to WMA for Broadband
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
You have missed what SA2 and Tyros 3 is all about.
SA2 does automatically what previously you had to use the Wheels etc for, thus minimising there use and allowing the player to do other things. (If you look at the demos you will see the wheels are seldom used, as the onboard computer works it out for you)

As to the chord sequencer, then modern chord/note recognition systems make this virtually redundant, as no matter how you play, the backing will always be musical.

The Tyros 3 really does take easy play to a whole new level, (Thus cementing it like all arrangers for the home user) and pros will have no problem using the extra facilities, for the simple reason that they are pros.(Many home users will also have no problem using the extra facilities)

Bill

#243550 - 10/03/08 12:22 AM Re: Tyros 3 Demo DVD converted to WMA for Broadband
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Bullfeathers...! Did you LOOK at what those players were doping to get that SA2 inflections?

Look, there's a REASON they got two more buttons than they had before...

The thing I probably hold against arrangers as vehicles for the BEST performance you can give is that, no matter HOW MUCH a line begs for an inflection, a scoop. a doit, a two handed technique, you CAN'T DO IT unless you are lucky enough that it happens at a time your left hand CAN be spared from playing the chord...

I see this as a greater challenge to that system than you ever had before. Why would you ever have that expressive power, and NOT want to use it at your complete beck and call..? The more expressive your playing can get, the better. But if it takes two hands, it takes two, baby, yeah! To make a dream come true! (OMG! Now I'm quoting Cher! Does this mean I should buy a Yamaha?! )

Say after me... I got SA2. I got SA2. I got SA2.

I WANT MY LEFT HAND BACK... !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online