SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243489 - 09/29/08 10:07 PM Re: A new Yamaha np-30
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I received my first shipment of KX8 Yamaha 88 Graded weighted action midi/usb controllers. These controllers are light weight and also have the Yamaha Phrase Factory arpeggios built in, just like in the Motif. They sell for under $600.00 and make a great weighted key controller for use with lesser key arrangers.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#243490 - 09/29/08 11:28 PM Re: A new Yamaha np-30
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh, BTW, if any of you haven't had an opportunity to play a FantomG8 yet, try to find one... OMG They have finally found something to make the keys out of that feels JUST like ivory! A non-slip finish with the perfect piano feel. It is, by FAR, the most tactile accuracy I have ever had the pleasure to play.

For those of us in the south (US, that is!), having a non-slip keybed is a wonderful thing, but even cooler climate pianist should appreciate the touch of this thing. It is also tied to some delicious acoustic and electric piano sounds, and is a joy to play. Close your eyes, and you could easily imagine you are playing a real piano, the FEEL is that good! (The sound is up to your tastes - me, I love the 'warmth' of Roland's acoustic pianos)

How well it holds up to dirt is yet to be determined, but even real pianos had issues with that. For a true pianist, having something that stops your fingers from sliding around is more important than cosmetics, IMO...

Give it a spin, when you can...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online