SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#243410 - 09/27/08 11:31 AM Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Here you find some T3 recordings

Tonight I found out this material is copyrighted in UK, therefore I removed the links.

Sorry guys

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 09-30-2008).]

#243411 - 09/27/08 01:03 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Where did these cuts come from? They are the best and most complete I have heard so far.

Hammer

#243412 - 09/27/08 01:14 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
kla4 Offline

#243413 - 09/27/08 01:20 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#243414 - 09/27/08 01:33 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
kla4 Offline

Thanks Bill, I missed your post about this but a dutchie informed me about the audiotrack links... I hope you forgive me?

As I wrote the original tracks contain a huge amount of noise. Your bitrate however was set to 320kbps and this is way 'overdone'.
I removed most of the noise usings Sony Soundforge noise reduction plugin.
The edited files are 192kbps bitrate and IMO sound much better.

It looks like your audio-mixer and/or soundcard generate the background noise. To solve this you probably need to upgrade to a better card.

#243415 - 09/27/08 02:58 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
abacus Offline

Hi Kia 4
The soundcard is just a simple Creative SB Live 24 bit, as I don’t do major audio work on the computer.
However, as I will be upgrading the computer in the future, the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 seems to get good write ups, and also comes with Ableton Live Lite 5 (I don’t wish to spend large amounts of money for limited use) so will probably add this during the upgrade.
What do you think?

Bill

#243416 - 09/27/08 04:49 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
kla4 Offline

Bill,
A couple of years ago I owned the Audiphile 2496. Great, inexpensive, easy to use, bright sounding device.... no noise at all.

I still don't know why it happened, but one day I noticed dropouts and clicks in my recordings. Even using MS mediaplayer!
While trying to get rid of this problem I upgraded to AP192... same problem
complete system (factory) restore... same problem.

Finally I purchased the Hammerfall DSP9632 and all is working fine again.... superb!

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 09-27-2008).]

#243417 - 09/27/08 05:21 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks Roel,
I currently play a PSR3000 and I will buy the Tyros 3 as soon as I can get one here in Texas. I figure there is enought difference between my 3k and the new T3 to make it worth while. These demos are very complete in demonstrating the new keyboards capabilities. Thanks again.

hammer

#243418 - 09/27/08 10:46 PM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
PSR3k to T3 is what I'd call the perfect move at the right time... That's enough of a significant step up to make the move a good one, more so than to the T1 or T2.

From the T2 to the T3, though... not so sure that's the right call unless you've got money to burn

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-27-2008).]

#243419 - 09/28/08 12:54 AM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
abacus Offline

My Opinion after hearing it live is;
The Tyros 3 is what the Tyros 2 should have been.
The fact that you can now add sound packs to the T3 also means that the extra sounds will be the same quality as the internal sounds. (No longer do you have to change the board to get new manufacture quality sounds)
It’s the most balanced board out there, (A record previously held by Korg for many years) as most other boards have some fantastic sounds, features, styles etc that stand out above the others. (Thus you end up wishing they were all of the same quality)
If you have a Tyros 1 then it is a no brainer. (Get your order in now)
If you have another manufactures board, get up off your backside and go out and try one.
Tyros 2 owners, go out and try it, and then make a decision.
Dealers are already selling shed loads of the Tyros 3 (And the stocks haven’t arrived yet) so if you want one get your order in early.

Bill

#243420 - 09/28/08 07:38 AM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Don't get too excited yet Bill. No one has heard these voice packs yet.. We also have no idea how many Yamaha plans to release, and how long they plan on supporting these voice packs. I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Since when has your statement been the global acceptance that Yamaha is now the "most balanced board" out there..?? I highly doubt that Yamaha with their YEARS reputation of "buying the new model" is just going to change over night.

Also keep in mind that what Yamaha is doing may require a MEMORY UPGRADE. Are these going to be free expansions or at an additional cost to the user (aside from dishing out more money for memory just to download the voices?} You cannot ignore what Korg has just done. What you seem to forget Bill is that Korg has done all this WITHOUT the need for memory upgrades. Korgs new sounds are edits of the current presets, and darn good ones as these new voices rival many of the original presets which means they're of the same "high quality" without the need to load new samples. They've done some serious upgrades to the programs on the PA's.., and did all this via an OS upgrade for FREE (that includes new sounds)

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-28-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#243421 - 09/28/08 10:20 AM Re: Tyros 3 .... how it sounds
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Don't get too excited yet Bill. No one has heard these voice packs yet.. We also have no idea how many Yamaha plans to release, and how long they plan on supporting these voice packs. I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Since when has your statement been the global acceptance that Yamaha is now the "most balanced board" out there..?? I highly doubt that Yamaha with their YEARS reputation of "buying the new model" is just going to change over night.

Also keep in mind that what Yamaha is doing may require a MEMORY UPGRADE. Are these going to be free expansions or at an additional cost to the user (aside from dishing out more money for memory just to download the voices?} You cannot ignore what Korg has just done. What you seem to forget Bill is that Korg has done all this WITHOUT the need for memory upgrades. Korgs new sounds are edits of the current presets, and darn good ones as these new voices rival many of the original presets which means they're of the same "high quality" without the need to load new samples. They've done some serious upgrades to the programs on the PA's.., and did all this via an OS upgrade for FREE (that includes new sounds)

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-28-2008).]

Voice pack sound example http://www.4shared.com/file/64616391/90b0f16/Part_7.html NEar the end of this file.

2 gigs of Memory is dirt cheap. I don't find that a deal breaker.

Its all opinion and personal need but after having the Korg for four months I cannot see how any upgrade is going to put it in the same class as the T3. But I already prefered the Yamaha sounds before the T3 information was released.

The Korg has a lot of features for players who use them like dual sequencers, XLR 48v phantom power, HC Helion (albeit "lite" according to HC Helion and as measured up with the $300 unit.)

Just like the best workstations adding voices is a new thing for Arrangers and a welcome feature to keep the keyboard relevant. Perhaps over two upgrade periods.
If one can get $2000 for a T2 and get deal on a T3 its a no brainer for a Yamaha fan.

For those who actually prefer the Korg sound set an use all the features Korg PA2 has to offer the Yamaha is light years behind,

I though I would miss the Guitar feature on the Korg but the new SFG on the T3 solved that problem.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 09-28-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online