SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243348 - 11/02/08 07:22 PM Re: Bose PAS L1 Model 1
zuki Offline

More standbys -

I didn't care for the L1. It sounded tinny and very harsh. I also, like Donny, hated the multiple pieces. Give me a stereo setup (Mackies) anytime. But it depends on the keyboard, the player, the type songs and the separation you want in the instruments, via stereo.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#243349 - 11/03/08 12:00 AM Re: Bose PAS L1 Model 1
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
A young guy came up to me at a gig last Sunday (yesterday Oz time) at a club that is very conservative in it's tastes music wise.

I thought, "oh no, this alternate looking dude is going to blast me for playing Brown Eyed Girl etc".

Turns out he was a part time DJ (and full time Teacher) who was drop dead amazed at the sound that was coming out of my Model 2 L1 (2 Bass Modules and a Tonematch) - he asked where you can buy it, how much was it yada yada. He is a mobile DJ who plays weddings, High School Dances and the rest.

He just bought a Roland Board (that new Juno re-issue (?) circa 2006) and was seriously considering adding samples and full dance mixes to his DJ set.

He was a nice guy, and I got him a job at that same gig when another audience member approached us for a Party Boat scenario (we were booked - so I passed it on to him).

He said goodbye after a couple of sets with a big smile (for the Job) and shaking his head (at the Bose) and the last thing he literally said to me was basically how if he sold his current rig (including some giant JBL 18" sub and two top speakers) he could afford the Bose....

I wish him well.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#243350 - 11/03/08 05:47 AM Re: Bose PAS L1 Model 1
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
More standbys -

I didn't care for the L1. It sounded tinny and very harsh. I also, like Donny, hated the multiple pieces. Give me a stereo setup (Mackies) anytime. But it depends on the keyboard, the player, the type songs and the separation you want in the instruments, via stereo.

Zuki....I've been using Tapco Thump 15A speakers (mackie) lately & they really exceeded my expectations on stage......great speakers, great price....
http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/index.html#speakers

#243351 - 11/03/08 11:05 AM Re: Bose PAS L1 Model 1
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have a long-time friend who is a fine country guitar player/singer. When I have a job that requires some country, I hire him (If he's not available I just don't do the job). We alternate sets, with me playing bass behind him and him singing several songs during my sets. He insists on bringing his Bose and won't use anything else. I have tried his system, even to the point of using his settings, which sound fine for him, and an acoustic guitar.

I don't like it at all, and he does not like and won't use whatever I'm using (usually, a Carvin or Yamaha head and appropriate speakers).

Just goes to show that not everyone likes everything. I've given the Bose several chances, with the help of a die-hard endorser.

It's just not for me.

Russ

#243352 - 11/03/08 11:12 AM Re: Bose PAS L1 Model 1
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Different strokes for different folks. That's what makes the world go round.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#243353 - 11/03/08 11:42 AM Re: Bose PAS L1 Model 1
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I've been using the Bose L1 with one B1 and sometimes with two B1's, depending on the space needed to fill, since Dec., 2003. I started with the Classic and moved on to the Model 1 since. I will say that it was worth the investment just for the Bose support. I had a couple of problems, and a tech did trouble shooting sessions over the phone with me. In the cases that I was unable to remedy the problems with the tech's help, I had a new system before my next gig - even though the warranty had run out. I just can’t say enough about the Bose support.
In addition, I use the Barbetta SE32 for one of my restaurant gigs because of the layout of the restaurant. The 32 has very little side diffusion and since I have a long narrow shot, it works nicely. I use the Barbetta Sona 31 for another little restaurant. I have on occasion chained the 32 and 31 but never with the Bose. Sounds interesting, but I was reluctant to try it because I thought that the Bose out was too ‘hot’ for a direct line into the Barbettas.
Glenn, are you just hooking up direct with no problems?
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online