SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#243179 - 09/23/08 09:33 PM Tyros 3 On the Way
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Ordered one today through the retail employee program (10% less than wholesale dealer cost) The Deal is I cannot sell it and have to keep it for at least a year. But Im sure I won't loose a nickel on it should I want to sell it. More than made up for the $400 I lost on the PA2x. The X8 is looking tempting for a controller.

In any case I'm looking forward to the REAL deal and not Internet fidelity.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#243180 - 09/23/08 09:36 PM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
Dnj Offline

Congrats!! Great news....keep us posted after you recieve it!!

#243181 - 09/24/08 09:23 AM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:

What exactly does that statement mean?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#243182 - 09/24/08 09:37 AM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kingfrog:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
What exactly does that statement mean?

I've heard of Internet "infidelity"...

#243183 - 09/24/08 12:56 PM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I think Kingfrog means instead of relying on online .mp3 demos of the T3 he will instead be relying on a first hand account of the sounds on the T3 itself, in person. Up close and personal if you will. Which, in reality, is the only real way to get a true and "accurate" determination of the sound quality of any keyboard. My opinion of course..

Best,
Mike

#243184 - 09/24/08 01:10 PM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Congratulations on the Tyros3. I'll be looking forward to your review.

#243185 - 09/24/08 09:27 PM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
Kingfrog Offline

I look forward to reviewing it but realize my bias. I played with the PA2x for a few months and went to work and demoed CVPs and PSR900s, Then came home and played the Korg. I just could not get past the over processed sounds of the Korg. The drum brushes sounded like white noise. The Yamaha sounded so much better more polished (which is exactly what many DON'T like about it)

Based on the T2 anyway, It is far easier to operate (mostly because it's not trying to be everything to everyone)It has far less features but what it does have it does extremely well and in my opinion better than the Korg.

All I want is great sounds lots of styles the ability to send information to and from Cakewalk Sonar and some sampling capability. I don't need cross fading MP3 Players, Phantom powered XLR Mike Inputs ( I use a Joe Meek Preamp and run it straight into the Computer)and the Bose LT1 system live. So both onboard microphone inputs on the keyboards are useless for us in both situations.

I fully expect The T3 will cover even more bases than the T2 (including some albeit short throw fader controllers). The included HD will be great for scratch vocals or stereo mixes. I like that each voice in a style can have its own DSP processor. That should make it less flat and more live sounding when needed.

The computer does most of the work for me at home and we have a couple 88 key controller Pianos so I would not buy a 76 key Tyros even if it were available. We also prefer external stand alone harmony vocalizers to Both the Tyros and Korgs internals. Primarily because we can use the guitar as an input as well as the MIDI.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#243186 - 09/25/08 06:35 AM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Kingfrog,

Congrats on yur decision. I hope it works out 4 u. Just curious what lured u to the Pa2 in the 1st place?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#243187 - 09/25/08 02:27 PM Re: Tyros 3 On the Way
Kingfrog Offline

I had a Triton for many years and thought I would "know" the board out of the box....Wrong.LOL
I knew how to call up voices thats about it...

I immediately did not like the cheap feeling faders and the usual Korg buttons.

However I read a lot about it but had not heard it live. I thought it would make the best WORKSTATION out of all the arrangers and in that regard it is excellent. I liked the feature set for the price but it was the features in the end that mucked it up for me. Too many I paid for but would not use. I found the styles great but the availability of additional styles poor.
I thought the sounds were Grungier than the Yamaha some of them better in that regard,some not.

My wife and I set up the notebook and auditioned the Tyros 2 vs the Korg into our surround system and we both thought the Yamha sounded better on the acoustic stuff, but I insisted on the Korg because I was not impressed with the T2.

Working for a dealer I had early info on the T3 and decided it had what was missing from the T2 and more. I took a chance and decided to sell the Korg BEFORE the T3 info was released to get a better price. I sold it and brought home a PSR s900 to play with while I wait and yes it does make me miss the Korg. But from what I have read and heard from those who had hands on the T3 its a huge upgrade although on paper it does not appear so.

So I'm not really taking a chance based on my price but I am confident it will meet and exceed my expectations.

Ideally I'd like both!
That said I will probably keep an eye out for a "fire sale" PA800 because we did like a lot about it but not enough to warrant the full $3500 for features we would not use. The PA will have a lot of what we did like. The scat was nice as well as the Drums. However I hear the T3 has made some inroads in that area...we shall see.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online