SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#243139 - 09/23/08 05:14 PM Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Just a quick note to say the the fiesta at frankiev's was GREAT !!! ... mucho thanks to AJ and Malcom for their informative and entertaining presentations, to the owners of Ketron who attended, and of course, a standing "O" for our host Frank, who not only made his facilities available, but put out a wonderful buffet lunch for all of us ...
All in all a great day and, as always, it was great meeting other 'Zoners', even a couple of "lurkers" (you know who you are ) ...
Pics and more info to follow ....
t.

#243140 - 09/23/08 06:36 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ditto!!!!

Great time!!! Photos to follow soon!!

#243141 - 09/23/08 06:53 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Here's a few photos from the Arranger Fest. Tony Mads took photos too, hope to get them posted soon too.

First photo Tony Mads at the Korg
Background Left to right Unknown, Ted from Ketron, Nedim from Korg User Forum

SZ member preplapse at the Korg

AJ

SZ member preplapse and others in background not all SZ members

Malcom from Korg

From L to R Unknown, AJ, TonyMads, Preplapse

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-29-2008).]

#243142 - 09/23/08 08:08 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I guess the T3 didn't clear customs eh?

Well, I'm glad everyone had a great time! Too bad that there was NO T3 or Audya on hand though. I guess if AJ didn't at least portray the possibility that a T3 or Audya would be there, perhaps the turnout would have been slightly different.. As in zip, zilch, nada, goose egg maybe?

Best,
Mike

PS: I suppose the most important part though is meeting fellow synthzoners and learning new techniques from one another. Plus scoping out and playing a few high-end arrangers never hurts either right?

#243143 - 09/23/08 08:26 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Ditto!!

Was nice meeting all of you. It was great driving up with Stephen and Tony. It made the long ride go by quickly. It was nice to listen to all the arranger recordings on the way up. Frank, way too many state troopers on that highway.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#243144 - 09/23/08 08:45 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Mike ... Even though AJ 'alluded' to the possibility of a Ty 3, I don't know if everyone was there for that board alone ...
While seeing the Ketron and Yammies would have been nice in itself, for at least three of us the interest peaked when Korg got involved as well ... and there were a lot of questions and back and forth dialogue about the boards that were presented ...

As far as my photos are concerned, I will not have the opportunity to do anything with them until Thursday, as tomorrow I have a United Way golf tournament and tomorrow night I have art class .... that's right, I said ART CLASS !!!
t.

PS In my earlier post I forgot to mention that 'Mikey Maestro' drove Steve and myself to CT - thnx again, Mike ...

t.

#243145 - 09/23/08 09:10 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Good stuff! Let us know when you're doing the next one!

#243146 - 09/23/08 09:26 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Dnj Offline

Nice pics thank you ....looks like everyone had a really great time .....good too see some faces also. I hope there will be another sometime soon so maybe more people can try to make it.

#243147 - 09/24/08 02:38 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
I guess the T3 didn't clear customs eh?

Well, I'm glad everyone had a great time! Too bad that there was NO T3 or Audya on hand though. I guess if AJ didn't at least portray the possibility that a T3 or Audya would be there, perhaps the turnout would have been slightly different.. As in zip, zilch, nada, goose egg maybe?

Best,
Mike

PS: I suppose the most important part though is meeting fellow synthzoners and learning new techniques from one another. Plus scoping out and playing a few high-end arrangers never hurts either right?

Mike, Actually there were probably about half dozen more people in the photos than you see. I was behind the camera so I'm not in any of those photos, Frankieve never made it into any of the photos I shot and a few more guys were not standing by the arrangers when I was shooting photos.

Even if the Tyros3 cleared customs, rumor has it that Yamaha let it be known the board should not be shown yet!!

It was great riding with Mikey and Tony, that in itself made the trip worth it. Add that to meeting Lucky2Bhere and as Tony mentioned a couple more lurkers. Ted the owner of Korg USA was there as well, it was great meeting him as well.

Poor Tony you got a golf tournament. I see you're not really liking retirement

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-24-2008).]

#243148 - 09/24/08 01:10 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Mike, Actually there were probably about half dozen more people in the photos than you see. I was behind the camera so I'm not in any of those photos, Frankieve never made it into any of the photos I shot and a few more guys were not standing by the arrangers when I was shooting photos.

No, no, Stephen. I didn't mean that there weren't possibly a lot of people at the feista. I'm glad there was several people that made it there. I was just suggesting that the meeting might have been a somewhat sparser crowd if people knew beforehand that the T3 and/or Audya wouldn't have been there. I could be wrong but since the T3 is so new that the paint hasn't even dried yet and the Audya is such a tecnological breakthrough and leap forward, that just the mention of those two keyboards being there would have drummed up a lot of excitement in people. Like I'm sure it did with you and Tony as well. Again, I'm happy that it turned out to be a great time for everyone involved and as I pointed out in my previous post just being able to meet other fellow synth-zoners and trade techniques etc., and also to play the high-end boards that were there was the most important aspect of the fiesta anyway.

Best,
Mike

#243149 - 09/24/08 01:17 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Dnj Offline

Mike are you saying that AJ would intentionally bait everyone to come under the suspicion that the T3 would be there too just to get a better turnout?

#243150 - 09/24/08 01:18 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
No, no, Stephen. I didn't mean that there weren't possibly a lot of people at the feista. I'm glad there was several people that made it there. I was just suggesting that the meeting might have been a somewhat sparser crowd if people knew beforehand that the T3 and/or Audya wouldn't have been there. I could be wrong but since the T3 is so new that the paint hasn't even dried yet and the Audya is such a tecnological breakthrough and leap forward, that just the mention of those two keyboards being there would have drummed up a lot of excitement in people. Like I'm sure it did with you and Tony as well. Again, I'm happy that it turned out to be a great time for everyone involved and as I pointed out in my previous post just being able to meet other fellow synth-zoners and trade techniques etc., and also to play the high-end boards that were there was the most important aspect of the fiesta anyway.

Best,
Mike

Mike, gotcha, understood thanks. I will say one thing every arranger there has their strong points, but after seeing and playing the G70 I wondered why I sold it. ( I really do know why) but the look, feel of the keys and construction scream quality all the way.

#243151 - 09/24/08 02:43 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! The only youngster there was AJ.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#243152 - 09/24/08 03:24 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Frostbyte Offline

Loc: World Citizen
ah, crap Gary.
I thought I was young...

#243153 - 09/24/08 03:42 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I'm the same age as AJ, Don't I count?

#243154 - 09/24/08 03:52 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I'm the same age as AJ, Don't I count?

Your just not in the photos I shot. Hopefully Tony got some of us youngsters

#243155 - 09/24/08 06:19 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Dnj Offline

Wheres pics of Mikey?!!

#243156 - 09/24/08 06:39 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
preplapse Offline

As one of the "lurkers" (can't figure out the smilies) I want to echo the thanks to everybody. First, thanks to Frank for hosting this event. You won't meet a nicer guy. Also thanks to AJ, Malcom, and the Ketron Reps. for taking the time to do demos and answer all the questions. It was great to meet the people that I read here everyday on this forum. A special thanks to Stephen for giving me some tips on how to use my PA800 vocaalizer. I can see some sort of Ketron product in my future as I was very impressed with the sound and features. If one of these fiestas comes to your area,it's well worth taking the time to attend. Thanks again everybody.

John B. from Massachusetts

#243157 - 09/24/08 08:31 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
mikey_maestro Offline

Hey, I think i was the youngest. lol

5-25-1971......

Donny, I was there but was incognito. I'm the quiet shy type when not performing... So I hid from pics.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#243158 - 09/24/08 09:02 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Dnj Offline

Incognito?......

Common Mikey you know your a HAM !!!!

#243159 - 09/25/08 10:39 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

I've been getting some feedback about the get together,

looks like allot of people where suprised on what and how the Ketron stuff sounded.

Looks like there might be some future Audya owners out there,,,

I plan on being the first one is possible

can't wait

#243160 - 09/25/08 11:14 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Stephen, thanks for taking and posting the pics. What a terrfic opportunity to checkout the different arr models in one place. Arranger heaven !

Ok, I think I spot the Bose L1 PA pictured in the background so curious to hear what you guys thought of its sound thru each of the different arranger keyboards.

Scott

#243161 - 09/25/08 12:03 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
uxt150 Offline

Loc: brooklyn ny usa
Members

First i would like to personally thank Frank from audioworks for being a great host letting us spend all day in his store jamming, setting up all different brands of keyboards so that they can all be compared and for his patience with all of us answering questions also for providing a beautiful catered brunch which everyone enjoyed..What a host

AJ.. you did a wonderful job with the Ketron SD5 you definitely bring the best out of the instrument i also liked the fact that you were unbiased (mostly) and gracious to the other brands..the only way an arranger fiesta can be successful is with participation of all the different manufacturers getting together and showing off the boards on the same platform..I will reach out to the big 3 so that at the next jam musicians will have enough reason to come and spend the day.

This was our first jam of this kind we are now thinking of where to put something like this together in different parts of the country so I would like to hear comments from the musicians that where there positive and negative so that we can improve moving forward.

Malcolm.. You are a lot of fun to hang out with you do a superb job with the Korg boards and definitely had the crowed awed at what the new O/S can do,nothing like some friendly competition I am sure that we will meet in the future at arranger jams.

Nadeem.. Thanks for teaching us what new styles can sound like.. all done here in the US of A, We are counting on you to create new styles that are currently lacking in the Ketron boards like, dance, western, and more..I would like to hear from Ketron players where we need to improve (styles) so that we can focus on creating the right ones.

And last but not least thanks to all synthzoners who made the long trip i hope that you where not disappointed.

Ted Kraus - KETRON Sales Manager
CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KETRON.com

#243162 - 09/25/08 01:33 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Stephen, thanks for taking and posting the pics. What a terrfic opportunity to checkout the different arr models in one place. Arranger heaven !

Ok, I think I spot the Bose L1 PA pictured in the background so curious to hear what you guys thought of its sound thru each of the different arranger keyboards.

Scott

Scott, There was not one, but TWO Bose L1s set up for the stereo effect, each with TWO subs!!! ... I'm not sure how the Bose or the KBs were EQ'd, but with those two systems going even the ring tones on my cell phone would have sounded good ... All the boards sounded great ...

t.

#243163 - 09/25/08 06:00 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

The Bose where set to flat with no eq, the mixer was set flat with no eq.

I had set up 2 for the full stereo effect of the arrangers, but at one point we did disconnect one and ad it playing mono.

BTW I love my 4 Bose PAS systems

#243164 - 09/25/08 07:03 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Here are some more photos, similar to Steve's ... http://www.photoshow.com/maker/share/ri6dJ5TE
t.

#243165 - 09/25/08 10:00 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Here are some more photos, similar to Steve's ... http://www.photoshow.com/maker/share/ri6dJ5TE
t.

Very nice presentation Tony. I felt like I was there !!!

#243166 - 09/25/08 10:15 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by uxt150:
Members

First i would like to personally thank Frank from audioworks for being a great host letting us spend all day in his store jamming, setting up all different brands of keyboards so that they can all be compared and for his patience with all of us answering questions also for providing a beautiful catered brunch which everyone enjoyed..What a host

AJ.. you did a wonderful job with the Ketron SD5 you definitely bring the best out of the instrument i also liked the fact that you were unbiased (mostly) and gracious to the other brands..the only way an arranger fiesta can be successful is with participation of all the different manufacturers getting together and showing off the boards on the same platform..I will reach out to the big 3 so that at the next jam musicians will have enough reason to come and spend the day.

This was our first jam of this kind we are now thinking of where to put something like this together in different parts of the country so I would like to hear comments from the musicians that where there positive and negative so that we can improve moving forward.

Malcolm.. You are a lot of fun to hang out with you do a superb job with the Korg boards and definitely had the crowed awed at what the new O/S can do,nothing like some friendly competition I am sure that we will meet in the future at arranger jams.

Nadeem.. Thanks for teaching us what new styles can sound like.. all done here in the US of A, We are counting on you to create new styles that are currently lacking in the Ketron boards like, dance, western, and more..I would like to hear from Ketron players where we need to improve (styles) so that we can focus on creating the right ones.

And last but not least thanks to all synthzoners who made the long trip i hope that you where not disappointed.

Ted Kraus - KETRON Sales Manager
CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KETRON.com

Ted,
The next Shreveport Jam is tentatively scheduled for January. That would be a good time for you to come down this way.
DonM

#243167 - 09/25/08 10:16 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wish someone would put names to the photos. I recognize a couple of guys but not most of them.
DonM

#243168 - 09/26/08 03:20 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
t.

Tony, fantastic job with the slide presentation, my wife watched it too and wants to be sure that I tell you she loved the show

Don at least half of those in attendance were not synthzone members. I put some names to the faces in my photos of those whose names I know and are SZers

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-26-2008).]

#243169 - 09/26/08 05:29 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

wow from those picture angles it looks like my hair might be thinning

#243170 - 09/26/08 05:32 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

I was hoping on doing another Jam, with enough notice we could have

Audya
Tyros 3
Pa2xpro

Demonstartion with representatives from each company.

#243171 - 09/26/08 05:39 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
wow from those picture angles it looks like my hair might be thinning

Welcome to the club Frank!!

#243172 - 09/26/08 05:47 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Welcome to the club Frank!!

HEY ... I've been in that club a looooooong time... I think I should decide who gets in ...
uh ... you're in Frank ...

t.

#243173 - 09/26/08 05:49 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Tony, fantastic job with the slide presentation, my wife watched it too and wants to be sure that I tell you she loved the show .......

Thanks, and say thanks to Deb for me as well ...
That's the first time I've used roxio ... it is so easy ...
well, I guess that's obvious since I was able to do it ...
t.

#243174 - 09/26/08 06:40 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
mikey_maestro Offline

Nice presentation T.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#243175 - 09/26/08 08:24 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
I was hoping on doing another Jam, with enough notice we could have

Audya
Tyros 3
Pa2xpro

Demonstartion with representatives from each company.

How about adding the Media staiton,GW8 & a Wersi ?

#243176 - 09/26/08 08:31 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

If we did, would you come?

#243177 - 09/26/08 08:42 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
If we did, would you come?

Frank no matter what Models you have there doesn't take precedence to my busy gig schedule, cancellations are not an option....its very simple ..
If I'm off that day I or We can come, ....
if I'm not I can't. We missed this one by one week sorry.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-26-2008).]

#243178 - 09/26/08 10:50 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

I was just curious, I completely understand.

We figured during the week would be easier since weekend gigs are usually but not in all cases the busy time of the week.

Anywho, it would have been nice to meet.

Maybe the next time

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online