SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#243159 - 09/25/08 10:39 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've been getting some feedback about the get together,

looks like allot of people where suprised on what and how the Ketron stuff sounded.

Looks like there might be some future Audya owners out there,,,

I plan on being the first one is possible

can't wait

#243160 - 09/25/08 11:14 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Stephen, thanks for taking and posting the pics. What a terrfic opportunity to checkout the different arr models in one place. Arranger heaven !

Ok, I think I spot the Bose L1 PA pictured in the background so curious to hear what you guys thought of its sound thru each of the different arranger keyboards.

Scott

#243161 - 09/25/08 12:03 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
uxt150 Offline

Loc: brooklyn ny usa
Members

First i would like to personally thank Frank from audioworks for being a great host letting us spend all day in his store jamming, setting up all different brands of keyboards so that they can all be compared and for his patience with all of us answering questions also for providing a beautiful catered brunch which everyone enjoyed..What a host

AJ.. you did a wonderful job with the Ketron SD5 you definitely bring the best out of the instrument i also liked the fact that you were unbiased (mostly) and gracious to the other brands..the only way an arranger fiesta can be successful is with participation of all the different manufacturers getting together and showing off the boards on the same platform..I will reach out to the big 3 so that at the next jam musicians will have enough reason to come and spend the day.

This was our first jam of this kind we are now thinking of where to put something like this together in different parts of the country so I would like to hear comments from the musicians that where there positive and negative so that we can improve moving forward.

Malcolm.. You are a lot of fun to hang out with you do a superb job with the Korg boards and definitely had the crowed awed at what the new O/S can do,nothing like some friendly competition I am sure that we will meet in the future at arranger jams.

Nadeem.. Thanks for teaching us what new styles can sound like.. all done here in the US of A, We are counting on you to create new styles that are currently lacking in the Ketron boards like, dance, western, and more..I would like to hear from Ketron players where we need to improve (styles) so that we can focus on creating the right ones.

And last but not least thanks to all synthzoners who made the long trip i hope that you where not disappointed.

Ted Kraus - KETRON Sales Manager
CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KETRON.com

#243162 - 09/25/08 01:33 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Stephen, thanks for taking and posting the pics. What a terrfic opportunity to checkout the different arr models in one place. Arranger heaven !

Ok, I think I spot the Bose L1 PA pictured in the background so curious to hear what you guys thought of its sound thru each of the different arranger keyboards.

Scott

Scott, There was not one, but TWO Bose L1s set up for the stereo effect, each with TWO subs!!! ... I'm not sure how the Bose or the KBs were EQ'd, but with those two systems going even the ring tones on my cell phone would have sounded good ... All the boards sounded great ...

t.

#243163 - 09/25/08 06:00 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
The Bose where set to flat with no eq, the mixer was set flat with no eq.

I had set up 2 for the full stereo effect of the arrangers, but at one point we did disconnect one and ad it playing mono.

BTW I love my 4 Bose PAS systems

#243164 - 09/25/08 07:03 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Here are some more photos, similar to Steve's ... http://www.photoshow.com/maker/share/ri6dJ5TE
t.

#243165 - 09/25/08 10:00 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Here are some more photos, similar to Steve's ... http://www.photoshow.com/maker/share/ri6dJ5TE
t.

Very nice presentation Tony. I felt like I was there !!!

#243166 - 09/25/08 10:15 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by uxt150:
Members

First i would like to personally thank Frank from audioworks for being a great host letting us spend all day in his store jamming, setting up all different brands of keyboards so that they can all be compared and for his patience with all of us answering questions also for providing a beautiful catered brunch which everyone enjoyed..What a host

AJ.. you did a wonderful job with the Ketron SD5 you definitely bring the best out of the instrument i also liked the fact that you were unbiased (mostly) and gracious to the other brands..the only way an arranger fiesta can be successful is with participation of all the different manufacturers getting together and showing off the boards on the same platform..I will reach out to the big 3 so that at the next jam musicians will have enough reason to come and spend the day.

This was our first jam of this kind we are now thinking of where to put something like this together in different parts of the country so I would like to hear comments from the musicians that where there positive and negative so that we can improve moving forward.

Malcolm.. You are a lot of fun to hang out with you do a superb job with the Korg boards and definitely had the crowed awed at what the new O/S can do,nothing like some friendly competition I am sure that we will meet in the future at arranger jams.

Nadeem.. Thanks for teaching us what new styles can sound like.. all done here in the US of A, We are counting on you to create new styles that are currently lacking in the Ketron boards like, dance, western, and more..I would like to hear from Ketron players where we need to improve (styles) so that we can focus on creating the right ones.

And last but not least thanks to all synthzoners who made the long trip i hope that you where not disappointed.

Ted Kraus - KETRON Sales Manager
CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KETRON.com

Ted,
The next Shreveport Jam is tentatively scheduled for January. That would be a good time for you to come down this way.
DonM

#243167 - 09/25/08 10:16 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wish someone would put names to the photos. I recognize a couple of guys but not most of them.
DonM

#243168 - 09/26/08 03:20 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
t.

Tony, fantastic job with the slide presentation, my wife watched it too and wants to be sure that I tell you she loved the show

Don at least half of those in attendance were not synthzone members. I put some names to the faces in my photos of those whose names I know and are SZers

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-26-2008).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online