SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#243139 - 09/23/08 05:14 PM Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Just a quick note to say the the fiesta at frankiev's was GREAT !!! ... mucho thanks to AJ and Malcom for their informative and entertaining presentations, to the owners of Ketron who attended, and of course, a standing "O" for our host Frank, who not only made his facilities available, but put out a wonderful buffet lunch for all of us ...
All in all a great day and, as always, it was great meeting other 'Zoners', even a couple of "lurkers" (you know who you are ) ...
Pics and more info to follow ....
t.

#243140 - 09/23/08 06:36 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ditto!!!!

Great time!!! Photos to follow soon!!

#243141 - 09/23/08 06:53 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Here's a few photos from the Arranger Fest. Tony Mads took photos too, hope to get them posted soon too.

First photo Tony Mads at the Korg
Background Left to right Unknown, Ted from Ketron, Nedim from Korg User Forum

SZ member preplapse at the Korg

AJ

SZ member preplapse and others in background not all SZ members

Malcom from Korg

From L to R Unknown, AJ, TonyMads, Preplapse

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-29-2008).]

#243142 - 09/23/08 08:08 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I guess the T3 didn't clear customs eh?

Well, I'm glad everyone had a great time! Too bad that there was NO T3 or Audya on hand though. I guess if AJ didn't at least portray the possibility that a T3 or Audya would be there, perhaps the turnout would have been slightly different.. As in zip, zilch, nada, goose egg maybe?

Best,
Mike

PS: I suppose the most important part though is meeting fellow synthzoners and learning new techniques from one another. Plus scoping out and playing a few high-end arrangers never hurts either right?

#243143 - 09/23/08 08:26 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Ditto!!

Was nice meeting all of you. It was great driving up with Stephen and Tony. It made the long ride go by quickly. It was nice to listen to all the arranger recordings on the way up. Frank, way too many state troopers on that highway.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#243144 - 09/23/08 08:45 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mike ... Even though AJ 'alluded' to the possibility of a Ty 3, I don't know if everyone was there for that board alone ...
While seeing the Ketron and Yammies would have been nice in itself, for at least three of us the interest peaked when Korg got involved as well ... and there were a lot of questions and back and forth dialogue about the boards that were presented ...

As far as my photos are concerned, I will not have the opportunity to do anything with them until Thursday, as tomorrow I have a United Way golf tournament and tomorrow night I have art class .... that's right, I said ART CLASS !!!
t.

PS In my earlier post I forgot to mention that 'Mikey Maestro' drove Steve and myself to CT - thnx again, Mike ...

t.

#243145 - 09/23/08 09:10 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Good stuff! Let us know when you're doing the next one!

#243146 - 09/23/08 09:26 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Dnj Offline

Nice pics thank you ....looks like everyone had a really great time .....good too see some faces also. I hope there will be another sometime soon so maybe more people can try to make it.

#243147 - 09/24/08 02:38 AM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
I guess the T3 didn't clear customs eh?

Well, I'm glad everyone had a great time! Too bad that there was NO T3 or Audya on hand though. I guess if AJ didn't at least portray the possibility that a T3 or Audya would be there, perhaps the turnout would have been slightly different.. As in zip, zilch, nada, goose egg maybe?

Best,
Mike

PS: I suppose the most important part though is meeting fellow synthzoners and learning new techniques from one another. Plus scoping out and playing a few high-end arrangers never hurts either right?

Mike, Actually there were probably about half dozen more people in the photos than you see. I was behind the camera so I'm not in any of those photos, Frankieve never made it into any of the photos I shot and a few more guys were not standing by the arrangers when I was shooting photos.

Even if the Tyros3 cleared customs, rumor has it that Yamaha let it be known the board should not be shown yet!!

It was great riding with Mikey and Tony, that in itself made the trip worth it. Add that to meeting Lucky2Bhere and as Tony mentioned a couple more lurkers. Ted the owner of Korg USA was there as well, it was great meeting him as well.

Poor Tony you got a golf tournament. I see you're not really liking retirement

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-24-2008).]

#243148 - 09/24/08 01:10 PM Re: Arranger Fiesta CT - GREAT !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Mike, Actually there were probably about half dozen more people in the photos than you see. I was behind the camera so I'm not in any of those photos, Frankieve never made it into any of the photos I shot and a few more guys were not standing by the arrangers when I was shooting photos.

No, no, Stephen. I didn't mean that there weren't possibly a lot of people at the feista. I'm glad there was several people that made it there. I was just suggesting that the meeting might have been a somewhat sparser crowd if people knew beforehand that the T3 and/or Audya wouldn't have been there. I could be wrong but since the T3 is so new that the paint hasn't even dried yet and the Audya is such a tecnological breakthrough and leap forward, that just the mention of those two keyboards being there would have drummed up a lot of excitement in people. Like I'm sure it did with you and Tony as well. Again, I'm happy that it turned out to be a great time for everyone involved and as I pointed out in my previous post just being able to meet other fellow synth-zoners and trade techniques etc., and also to play the high-end boards that were there was the most important aspect of the fiesta anyway.

Best,
Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online