SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#243119 - 09/22/08 03:46 PM A Members “Eye View” of the Pakefield Festival September 2008
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#243120 - 09/23/08 12:18 AM Re: A Members “Eye View” of the Pakefield Festival September 2008
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Damn those organ and arranger players, playing dance music! Damn them all to hell!

Don't they know there's no dancing when the organ is being played? Everybody knows all those dance styles are just a marketing ploy! And who waltzes, these day, anyway?

#243121 - 09/23/08 01:26 AM Re: A Members “Eye View” of the Pakefield Festival September 2008
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Just to reply to the Pakefield report regarding the Dancing.
The main concert starts each of the seven evenings at 19.00. People start to go into the concert hall around 18.00 onwards, it's nice to catch up with friends to discus the day.
It was decided this time to do a test for half hour Dancing at 18.30 before the concert started at 19.00,.
Note, this did not take away time from the concert, but in fact was an extra and was well appreciated by many.

#243122 - 09/23/08 09:54 AM Re: A Members “Eye View” of the Pakefield Festival September 2008
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not, apparently though, by the writer of the report!

Those hip replacement surgeries are maybe harder to get under the National Health?

#243123 - 09/23/08 11:55 AM Re: A Members “Eye View” of the Pakefield Festival September 2008
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Most of the ladies like to go dancing, and so their others half’s compromise and do as they say.
However unlike Blackpool which has a separate concert hall for the concerts, and a dance hall for the dancing, Pakefield has to mix the 2 together, which means that no mater how you structure it, not everybody will agree.
This is the main reason I prefer Blackpool, as I am just not into dancing.

Bill

#243124 - 09/23/08 02:48 PM Re: A Members “Eye View” of the Pakefield Festival September 2008
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Never mind the dancing, what interested me was the rather negative reaction to the Tyros 3 launch. All of the people on the YPKO Forum who attended Pakefield seem to have come home raving about the thing but as most of them were doing that before they actually heard it I was taking it with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Now we have another opinion from someone who possibly did not go with stars in their eyes but reports on what they actually heard, not what they wanted to hear.

Obviously there are going to be improvements on the T2. No manufacturer in their right mind would market a revised product which did not embody some. And certainly the screen and the antique USB 1 needed to be brought up to date. But do the voices, styles and sound justify the cost of changing "up"? I wonder. I look forward to hearing the T3 when all the initial hype has died down in the new year.

Sceptically yours,
Trevor

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online