SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#243110 - 09/24/08 11:56 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey..HEY..HEY!!!!!!

Don't talk about my Roland like that!!!..

#243111 - 09/24/08 12:04 PM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
In fact, I tell you what...

Arranger death match! Two arrangers enter, one arranger leaves

Post anything you have done (not some professional demonstrator) in style mode on a Wersi... I'll post the same tune on my G70. Any tune, any style, any time, mate!

Loser has to wear Donny's chicken hat on their next gig

Clowntime is over (thank you, Elvis!)... time to get REAL!

#243112 - 09/24/08 12:14 PM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I personally think that the examples posted leave a lot to be desired. But I believe we have to praise Bill for bothering to post them. Bill is constantly contributing "heads up" information relevant to every brand or interest, WITHOUT trying to "color" it.

In my personal opinion, setting suitable sound levels for the style mix is not a "tweak" by itself, I also think that the examples posted needed some minor adjustments and that the final result would be better, without losing the "OOTB" quality.

Even then, and I hope it doesn't sound like blasphemy, the styles themselves remind me of my Casio. The actual sounds are better of course, but nothing I can't achieve using VSTs. To my (headphoned) ears, it sounded like a mix of Roland HyperCanvas VST and / Hypersonic 2 GM library, say 1/3 Hypercanvas - 2/3 Hypersonic 2 GM. Serve cold.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 09-24-2008).]

#243113 - 09/24/08 02:00 PM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
II hope it doesn't sound like blasphemy

Sadly, to at least SOME Wersi owners, anything negative whatsoever IS 'blasphemy', or maybe even 'heresy'

Of course, being 'true believers', they feel we should take The Word from them with no proof whatsoever. THEY believe, so why shouldn't we?

Look, maybe I sound like a broken record, but so do the owners... Bill's the only one posting, and even HE gets the same line from other Wersi owners 'Oh no, it doesn't sound THAT bad if you actually play one!'

AND HE PLAYS ONE...!

And he NEVER prefaces his posts with 'this is the WORST Wersi styles and sounds I can find...', which, if they were (from what others say) you would think he would, or at least post the BEST Wersi styles and sounds he has!

Try this out for size...

I have done some internal modifications to my G70, that completely changes the sound, and made it better than any other arranger on the planet. Nothing else even comes close to it...

Mind you, I am NEVER going to post anything that shows off this improvement. In fact, I'm going to post some dreadful styles from the eighties using the raw GM sounds. But don't you DARE doubt me when I tell you go sell your rubbish T3's and PA2Xpro's, your Abacus's and MS's! WHY WOULD I LIE TO YOU? You KNOW you can trust me, don't you?

MY G70 sounds NOTHING like anyone else's...

Oh, and by the way, if I ever DO post something that sounds like crap from my 'improvements' modification sounds, it will only suck because you are listening to a 192kbps MP3. In MY house, it sounds like a million dollars!

Sound familiar?

#243114 - 09/24/08 02:38 PM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I think I begin to see the light...

Organ players DON'T WANT realistic styles or sounds! It would distract from the unrealistic organ sounds too much!

Diki... I think you got to the point....

Here's what they are selling:
http://www.wersi.net/html/fl_paket.html

Apparently their target is people that want s 10-15 years old sounds. "Fantasia" D50 preset everywhere!!!!

#243115 - 09/24/08 03:17 PM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Diki Offline

20 year old more like it...!

D-50 came out in 1987

#243116 - 09/25/08 08:28 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wersi organists love that old Roland D-50 Fantasia sound. Every Wersi recording I've heard over the last few years has been dripping in it.

Suprised to see Franz Lambert's name being used to punt those sub-Casio styles, though. Not least because, like Wersi's other great unpaid salesman, the late Herr Wunderlich, he never uses auto-accompaniment (can you blame them?).

#243117 - 09/25/08 09:28 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Interestingly Wersi actually started out as a 'built it yourself' kit organ company as most people could not afford to buy them already built.

I have to chip to say that I have had a few older arrangers a while ago and the styles sounded very similar to the some of the ones posted here...I traded them in within days...some of the Wersi styles were 'laugh out loud' cheesy...I could not beleive it! very entertaining though...almost like musical comedy!

Noel

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 09-25-2008).]

#243118 - 09/25/08 11:53 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online