SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#243090 - 09/23/08 04:58 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Bill is it possible for you to make that file a little smaller? For an MP3 file.., it's freakin HUGE. Over 40mb's! I have DSL, but it's taking forever to load this file.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#243091 - 09/23/08 05:01 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I liked the sound of the snare on the Every Breath you Take styles, but I also vote the we ban all CASTANET sounds from Styles. Just appalling.

Also, it would have helped if there were actual chord changes in those styles rather than the monotonous drone of a single chord and rhythm.

Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 09-23-2008).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#243092 - 09/23/08 05:30 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
squeak_D Offline

I finally got the file to load right. For some reason the "Player" portion of the page wasn't loading....

Anyways.., Bill my man.... I mean no disrespect at all and this is not by any means a knock on you (as this is clearly just styles).., but IMO those styles (and I will not sugarcoat) were terrible. This is what Wersi customers are paying those big bucks for? Set Open System aside for a moment. This is an arranger..., and the styles are a HUGE part of the arranger and the quality of the preset styles are one of the main features that lure in buyers.

Wersi has a VERY VERY VERY long way to go to catch up to Roland, Yamaha, and Korg IMO. Look.., the best studio monitors aren't going to make those styles sound much better.

It's not just the styles either. Some of the sounds within the styles are just very weak. The guitars on several styles were quite poor. That slap bass in one took me back to the Casio CTK's of the 90's. Many of these styles just reek of 80's cheese.., not just by groove but the sound quality as well.

Sorry to be so blunt.., but based on what you've posted thus far, if I even had the money the Wersi would never make my list. For the cost of the Wersi I could by the Tyros 3, Korg PA-800, and still have enough left over for a few more toys.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-23-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#243093 - 09/23/08 05:48 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy

#243094 - 09/23/08 05:52 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
squeak_D Offline

Man..., I think those Casio styles sound more up to date to be honest.., and they do seem to be balanced a tad better too.

#243095 - 09/23/08 07:45 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've said if before and I'll say it again. The styles on my twenty-year-old Roland E-20 were better than those cheesily awful Wersi ones. And better by quite some margin.

I am left wondering if the repeated posting of these cringe-makingly poor Wersi efforts is some kind of elaborate practical joke?

I mean, they cannot possibly be real, on a supposedly top-of-the-line 2008 arranger that costs more than three times what I paid for my E-80.

Is it me??

#243096 - 09/23/08 07:54 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
squeak_D Offline

Nope.., it's not you. If I read Bill's post correctly these are "untweeked" for the "out of box" experience. If that's what they sound like out of the box.., then I suggest tweek, tweek, tweek, for the love of Pete.., they need tweeked!

#243097 - 09/23/08 08:23 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Dnj Offline

And these KB's cost 3x as much as anything on teh market? why?

#243098 - 09/23/08 10:02 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Because wealthy organ aficionados will pay through the nose for the same brand that Klaus Wunderlich plays, I guess. Skill through association, I suppose.

#243099 - 09/23/08 11:44 AM Re: Wersi OAS 7 style demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Have a listen to Roland, Orla, Lowry, Bohm etc organs and you will find the styles are similar to the Wersi, (And most of the above organs cost just as much as the Wersi organs (The Roland’s pretty much match price for price) for the simple reason that they are designed for Organ players NOT Arranger players.
If you want arranger styles then you need the OAA (Open Art Arranger) as I mentioned in my post.
The sounds used in the styles work well when playing Organ, but I quite agree are not suitable for Arranger playing, this is why the OAA comes with a lot more sounds specifically for Arranger playing.
BTW all this was mentioned in my post. (So much for those that say they wanted more information with my posts, yet don’t even bother to read it)
Anyway I have also started another thread to find out how to get the best out of mp3, because at present they just do not give you sound that you get live. (I hope somebody can crack the problem, as I am hitting a brick wall at present)

Bill

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online