Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#242886 - 09/18/08 05:30 PM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
You can edit.. Each and every drum part ..and instantly save your setting without going to a registration.

All drum parts on all 307 styles can be tweaked & changed & saved, without losing the original setting.

What can you do to the loop drums? The 'Live Drums', that is?

And, I guess the thought of having to edit over three hundred styles and store them (and all your SMFs too) is exactly why I think a simple global part offset is SUCH a good idea!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-18-2008).]

#242887 - 09/18/08 05:53 PM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
What can you do to the loop drums? The 'Live Drums', that is?

And, I guess the thought of having to edit over three hundred styles and store them (and all your SMFs too) is exactly why I think a simple global part offset is SUCH a good idea!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-18-2008).]

You don't have to edit anything if you don't feel the need to.

I personally like the ability to store stuff on my harddrive. If I edit a midi file , I do it during play back from the harddrive..
Make my edits and save it.

I'm out for the rest of the night ... Talk with you Friday.

#242888 - 09/18/08 07:20 PM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yep, I guess you're lazy, therefore, why bother to make registrations in the first place. Just send me a signed, blank check and I'll be more than happy to make them for you--I'm not lazy! And, if there's enough in the account I can buy that new 47-foot Morgan Out-Island.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#242889 - 09/18/08 08:02 PM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
Lucky2Bhere Offline

You guys missed my point. I wanted an output for EACH major instrument in the drum kit. Then I was going to use a series of small speakers to pan each rhythm sound so that it appeared like many sounds coming from different directions but in the same floor space a drummer would take up. And I could tweak it LIVE...not pre-programmed.

On the keyboard, I was going to pan the instruments also (ex: brass section on left, piano on right, strings on ALL speakers multiple patches detuned for a full effect, etc).

With today's technology, it can be done quite easily. Maybe AJ can still incorporate it into the Audya?

Lucky

#242890 - 09/19/08 06:27 AM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
You guys missed my point. I wanted an output for EACH major instrument in the drum kit. Then I was going to use a series of small speakers to pan each rhythm sound so that it appeared like many sounds coming from different directions but in the same floor space a drummer would take up. And I could tweak it LIVE...not pre-programmed.

On the keyboard, I was going to pan the instruments also (ex: brass section on left, piano on right, strings on ALL speakers multiple patches detuned for a full effect, etc).

With today's technology, it can be done quite easily. Maybe AJ can still incorporate it into the Audya?

Lucky

If you want to pan parts out of left and right outputs (SD1 has separate 4 outputs) drums (individual or global) or any part of a style or midi sequence, that can already be done with all Ketron products.

If your taking about incorporating a "patch bay" type out put, than there is only a few companys I can think of that give you that ability... Akai MPC or Kurzweil K series worksations.

#242891 - 09/19/08 08:13 AM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
Anonymous
Unregistered

You mean like having the possibility to raise/lower the volume of one or more tracks (MIDI channels) and then LOCK those settings in permanently until you UNLOCK the mixer settings? Yeah, that would be cool. Good thing Generalmusic has had this feature for, oh, the past 10+ years.

No I am not back with GEM and I am certainly not here to promote their products, but I'm just sayin'...

lol,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#242892 - 09/19/08 09:03 AM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
DanO1 Offline

Dave... I'm with you brother.. GEM was always ahead of the curve when it came to features. Score Scroll - Lyrics display-Wav sync.. GEM had it all, way before many manufacturers.

#242893 - 09/19/08 09:27 AM Re: Drum 'punch'... a possible solution
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Gary, I've ALREADY made all the registrations. Thousands of them. They work great for foreground solo and duo work. But add in a couple of extra players (you DID read that part, didn't you?) and the drums can often get swamped.

What I have been talking about is an easy way to boost the drums on ALL of them with a single command. NOT go back and edit every one of them to be louder and store THEM as well! I might want a set that the drums are a bit QUIETER as well (for those background dinner sets I seldom do). Have I got to sit down and edit every single registration I've got for that AS WELL?

I'm not sure if you are just trying to score points for the sake of it, or what it is you are doing, but if someone suggests a way to save a LOT of time, effort and HD space with a simple feature, how is it of any benefit to go 'just do it the way it already is'?

I'm ALREADY doing it the way it is! I want a BETTER way!

That way, I WOULD have time to go out on my friend's 50' Catalina! (OPB... the best type of yacht!)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online