SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#242844 - 09/20/08 12:15 PM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
James... How do YOU feel about the feature and price difference between MotifXS and Tyros lines?

Do you honestly feel that Yamaha are on track to entice younger players away from WS's, and get them to use arrangers, or is it that the majority of younger players using arrangers are using them mostly for legacy music?

There are probably some VERY young players of theater organs, even crumhorns and sackbuts but that doesn't automatically make those instruments relevant in today's music scene...

Just out of curiosity, if Yamaha made the MotifXS's loop and arpeggio features controllable with an arranger system, would YOU be interested in one?

Those attendance pictures at Pakefield (compare them to the attendees of a show that features WS's, for instance) don't seem to bode well for the breed. Is there an arranger show in the UK where these mythical young users DO attend?

#242845 - 09/20/08 01:45 PM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
glidem Offline

Loc: England, UK
Sorry, I may run an independent enthusiast site, but I am not market research for any part of Yamaha so wouldn't really wish to comment. I can only tell you though that 'I' love the Tyros series and because of my fondness for these fine instruments, I created YPKO.

Personally the Motif range doesn't spark the same excitement for me as I love arranger keyboards.

I am sure if all ages talk about keyboards no matter what brand, no matter what specification, we can entice any age if we all share our own experiences and interests in these fine instruments. We have a tough challenge as we are up against the so called 'cooler' instruments such as guitars and drums and when a parent considers anything like the field that interests communities like this one, the automatic reaction is pure 'piano' lessons.

Thanks to those for the kind comments regarding my website...

All the best

James

Independent enthusiast website for Yamaha keyboards and digital pianos

#242846 - 09/20/08 02:43 PM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Festivals are for the more mature, if you want to see youngsters drooling over arrangers (Most can’t afford them) then you will need to go to a music and/or computer exhibition. (Including games)

Bill

#242847 - 09/20/08 03:25 PM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, Bill, they may not be able to afford the TOTL arrangers (who can? ), but they sure seem able to buy the slightly less expensive WS's in numbers that would be the envy of ANY company's arranger division

And, looking at that crowd, 'youngsters' would seem to indicate those under 50

Nice try, thanks for playing... Care to see what would have been behind door #2?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online