SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#242824 - 09/17/08 08:18 AM Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Dnj Offline

YPKO website :....

Great T3 demonstration pictures at Pakefield festival.

enjoy

http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=818

#242825 - 09/17/08 08:51 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I'm 57 yrs old and the people in the audience look like my Parents!! Is that the Tyros 3 demographic? Mmmmmmmm?

#242826 - 09/17/08 09:09 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the info Donny. I would have loved to hear the demonstrations. Hopefully videos to follow.

PS: since there are no sounds, I guess some members will have start criticizing the crowd that attended.

Regards,

Jerry

#242827 - 09/17/08 09:13 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
Is that the Tyros 3 demographic? Mmmmmmmm?

I wouldnt have it any other way....these people know music and lived thru it all.

#242828 - 09/17/08 09:35 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I wouldnt have it any other way....these people know music and lived thru it all.

They are my most appreciative audiences as well.

#242829 - 09/17/08 09:50 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Very interesting... Most everyone in the crowd looks to be an old geezer. Is that all the Tyros3 can muster to a performance? If the age of that crowd is reminiscent of all those who play 61 key arrangers in Europe I could see why 50% of keyboardists over here in the States want 76 keys or better..

Europe, as we know, is the hotbed of Home Enthusiast 61 key arranger players. That's where most of the money lies in my opinion. If most of the people in Europe who play 61 key arrangers look like they already have one foot in the grave we can almost rest assured that Yamaha will NOT EVER, NEVER EVER EVER, make another totl 76 key arranger again period! There is no way on earth these older people in Europe could manage moving around a 76 key totl arranger, let alone think about gigging on the road with one. Even the 61 key arrangers for them would most likely be set it and forget it.

I think I now realize and understand Yamaha's flat out refusal to listen to 50 percent of arranger players in the States who would like 76 keys and why they don't listen to people in Europe who want the same thing as the 50% of us over here do i.e. 76 keys or better in a totl arranger. It's not that there isn't a strong demand for totl arrangers in Europe, it's that for the most part the people (apparently) who play totl arrangers in Europe are mostly Octogenarians or older. Since it appears Yammie's bread 'n butter in Europe are mostly all old geezers it seems to me it would be much much too risky for them to develop a totl 76 key arranger since most likely the VAST majority of their customer base would simply dry up "essentially evaporate".

There are many people in Europe who would want a totl 76 key arranger from Yamaha but convincing them to market one would almost be impossible because as we all know Yamaha dreads taking financial risks that could seriously affect their bottom line and backfire on them.

The only hope I think we have is if Yamaha decided to build a 76 key totl arranger "in limited quantity" 'alongside' their mass produced 61 key totl arranger model. In other words, break the ice sloowwwwllyyyy and gauge what type of response they initially get.

>> Sorry if I've offended any of the Seniors across the pond. My words are not meant as a derogatory statement but simply as a statement of factuality - apparently , and so as to reference why it is that Yamaha disdains the thought or idea of developing another totl 76 key arranger.

Like I said, I think a good portion of their customer base would quickly dry up (at least over in Europe anyway); and the sheer thought for Yamaha of losing that vast source of already solidly established revenue is apparently too much for them to bear or even think about. >> Much to 50% percent of arranger players chagrin I might add.

Best,
Mike

#242830 - 09/17/08 09:54 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
JC..., arrangers have always been marketed to this crowd. Korg however, IMO is doing the best job at bringing in younger buyers with the PA series. The PA's IMO offer more in the area of what younger buyers are looking for in an arranger.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242831 - 09/17/08 10:13 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I did not mean to "Knock" the crowd (Lord knows I'm knockin' on that "Age" door myself)The point I wanted to make is ... what others have said already .... The arranger KB market needs to "Modernize"!
You folks who are out there making a living with your arranger KB's need to play the stuff people want ... I understand. And if that is Old Standards, Foxtrots and Waltzs .. so be it!!
In the pictures it "Stunned" me to see No One under the age of + or - 65 yrs old!
Maybe it is a wake up call ...

I agree with your comment on the KORG (one of the reasons I purchased the PA2x)

[This message has been edited by JCkeeys (edited 09-17-2008).]

#242832 - 09/17/08 11:16 AM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Anyone remember 'home organs'? And how they are now, to all intents and purposes a dead instrument, with only boutique manufacturers producing them at boutique prices...?

This is EXACTLY where arrangers are headed, unless the major manufacturers get off their arses and start to incorporate the sounds, styles and OS features that would allow younger players to not be embarrassed to use one!

I don't hold much hope for the future...

My only hope, right now, is that WS's like the MotifXS leverage their chord following ability and add a more arranger 'on-the-fly' control of the loops and arps. If they only had the 'instant fill to next loop' that arrangers have, I think I would already have one...

But currently, they only have a 'cue the next loop' system, where even loops that ARE fills have to be cued up in advance (not triggered exactly when you need them) and don't automatically lead into a new loop. This simple addition (and loops that stop after one time for Endings) would be the death knell for arrangers, IMO.

#242833 - 09/17/08 01:33 PM Re: Pakefield 2008 Yamaha T3 pictures
Dnj Offline

If they would just let us be able to play arranger styles on lets say a Motif xs WS we'd have the best of both worlds and a very powerful tool to make music in so many ways !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online