SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#242720 - 09/16/08 01:13 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
burkels,
thank for your translation! i was thinking how nice would be if someone did that!

new DNC does sound impressive. and if all of these are done with no extra samples... what can i say? korg really took a big step forward!
well done!

#242721 - 09/16/08 01:38 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So no implementation of intervallic recognition?

The legato recognition is powerful, and the random and cyclical choices seem interesting, but in truth I was hoping for the intervallic rules more than the latter two...

I think it's one of the strength of the SA system. Make an octave jump, it plays one set of samples, play a third and you get another... That's how many acoustic instruments work. The further you go from the note you are on, the more disruption to the airflow, or the more the bowing/picking/fingering has to change, etc., and those sounds are utterly different from the sounds you make going to closer notes.

Oh well... Perhaps something for Korg to work on for a future upgrade.

#242722 - 09/16/08 01:43 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
YES!
Burkels, Thanks very much for taking the time to do the translation and sharing it with us.
Ciao,
Jerry

#242723 - 09/16/08 02:14 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Wow! Tommy, thanks for posting this, and Burkels for the translation.

Graham

#242724 - 09/16/08 04:02 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Are these played live, or are they preprogrammed to include the articulations?

Forget the tenor sax a second, would Yamaha please listen to the drums behind it?

Hi Chony

Don’t dismiss the new Tyros 3 drum kits till you have heard them live.

Bill

#242725 - 09/16/08 04:47 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Where have I heard that one before?

#242726 - 09/16/08 04:53 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Sweet Mary....., up to 16 Osc per patch! WOW! Can you set velocity curves between ALL 16 Osc's? Man, with 16 Osc.., and depending on the number of velocity curves you can set.., with this new OS Korg owners will be able to use the internal presets and create some AMAZING custom voices.

I've been wanting to add an inexpensive arranger to my set up..., but the more I look into it.., and with this latest OS upgrade I just may have to say the hell with it and buy a PA-800. Then I'll tell the wife that I'll get no Christmas, Father's Day, and B-Day gifts for the next 5 years

Squeak, love your enthusiasm for the Korg!! Glad I own a Pa2xPro, I've been mighty happy with this board.

Tommy thanks for posting and Burkels on the translation.

Bill, I'm also anxious to read your review of the Tyros3. You gotta love the drums on that sax demo as well.

#242727 - 09/16/08 05:47 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
So... I don't think we know yet...it may have intervallic recognition?

Burkels Thanks a lot for the translation, it is VERY interesting.

Rob at the Korg forum said in the forum posts he heard a couple of the other sounds and said they are super also...sure would like to hear some more!

We'll see...
Lee

#242728 - 09/16/08 06:23 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Who else besides Bill went to Pakefield and heard the Tyros3 drums live??

Let me point out that Yamaha has posted a few demos of the new T3 drum kits and truthfully they sound maybe a teensy-weensy better than the T2 drums in my humble opinion.

OTOH, Korg puts out these new DNC demos and the drum kit in the background sounds MUCH better than the T3 drums in my opinion.

My point being that if that's the best demos Yamaha can muster for their all new T3 drum kits I have a REAL hard time believing they will sound magnificient when hearing them Live as Bill is suggesting. It just doesn't make any logical sense in my opinion. Unless this is a ploy by Yamaha to initially "deceive" the public by way of the demos, where they could have "dumbed" them down on the demos to create the "illusion" that they are typical Tyros drums. Then when the T3 hits store shelves and people suddenly realize the drums are indeed magnificient as Bill implies, and when word gets out the buzz will start all over again and Yamaha possibly gains many more sales of the T3 because of their shrewd marketing ploy.

I still don't buy it though. I think what we're hearing with the online T3 drum demos is similar to what we're going to get when people hear the T3 in person. Good try though Bill.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242729 - 09/16/08 06:59 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I thought the Korg sax was great...but the edge goes to Yamaha SA sax that was posted a couple days ago..

BTW: I didn't think the Korg drums were that great...

Just my old ears opinion..

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online