SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#242710 - 09/16/08 09:28 AM Korg DNC Official Demos
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
I found these demos in the support forum of the German Korg distributor. They are official demoes made by Korg Italy and they show the expressiveness of the DNC voices in the upcoming OS 2.0 for Pa800/Pa2X:

http://www.mister-music.de/demosongs/GuitarDNC.mp3

http://www.mister-music.de/demosongs/StringsDNC.mp3

http://www.mister-music.de/demosongs/TenorSaxDNC.mp3

You can read the original forum post here . It also contains a few screenshots.

Kind regards,
Tommy

[This message has been edited by TommyF (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242711 - 09/16/08 09:56 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Impressive.

#242712 - 09/16/08 10:10 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! Did I read the info on another post related to this that this new OS upgrade including these voices is an edit of the "existing" sounds and requires no loading of samples?????
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242713 - 09/16/08 10:25 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
YES...NO loading of samples..is required however I don't know if the demo's use the original samples or user samples...

WOW...that SAX! I am going to love this!

Plus you can use the technology to make user voices your self, it it all exposed to the user, not hidden technology for only Korg.

Lee

#242714 - 09/16/08 10:31 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
squeak_D Offline

I have a feeling those voices were edited using the internal patches. All those demos screamed of KORG sound. I too thought that sax was interesting. Strings were great.., but I'm not surprised there as Korg (especially in the WS department) has always been held high in string patches.

The OS release is going to be interesting for sure. Korg is great in that they leave so much room for additional features via OS upgrades that require no hardware updates in order to use them (and they're FREE). Plus being able to create these types of voices yourself is very cool.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242715 - 09/16/08 11:06 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
I took the liberty of translating the posting of Jurgen Sartorius for those of you who don't understand German: (So what follows is NOT MY WRITING! It is a translation by me of the message on http://foren.musik-meyer.net/korg/index.php?t=msg&th=6131 )

Hi All,

Just came back from the Musik Mayer Hausmesse in Marburg, where I had the chance to look at the new OS2.0 for the PA2XPro and PA800. What I most certainly have to tell you before loads of questions will arise: I was most impressed by the new DNC-sounds (Defined Nuance Control)!

Let me explain: A sound can consist of 16 different sounds (oscillators). Korg has added functions that can trigger these oscillators in various ways. For example by playing Legato, by Aftertouch, by using the SoundControl- or EC5-buttons, or at random, or in preset order...
We all know Legato, but now you can control the way the effect works: long legato, or shorter...

Using the sustain pedal you can add sounds to the patch: saxophones, guitars, trumpets, all with legato-functions, valve-noise, breathnoise and of course the extra sounds you already assigned to the buttons mentioned above. And everything can be editted, every detail of the sound!

Also, the random function of additional noises to the voice is very useful. For instance, the guitar sound consists of 12 different 'noises' that create a very life-like playing style when added at random.

Guys, let me tell you this: after I heard this for the first time, I couldn't get the smile off my face anymore.

Organs with monophonic percussion, truly 'ready' (random) synthsounds, triggering timpani with the benders, I could go on endlessly...

To all MIDIfile users:

Us Korgies knew before: Having TWO midiplayers is better than having just one. And now they added an cool and above all easy search function to it!

Just enter the search phrase (for example 'ROCK') and in an instant the display will show you a list of all MIDI's, MP3's and other data containing the word "ROCK". This means: no sorting anymore, just put it all on the harddrive and always find it again. Cool, isn't it?

And of course the cool note-display. Every track can be made visible with a simple click and can be transposed within the octave. Lyrics, chords and note names can also be displayed. You can't change the layout of the display but "Hello?!?!" We have note-display! That already is cool enough!

Many small and more detail-improvements can be found on http://www.korgpa.com . Routing MP3 to a seperate OUT for example, and much more.

Be sure to be ready to download this new OS once it's available!

Regards,
Jürgen Sartorius

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM http://www.keyboardforum.nl

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 09-16-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242716 - 09/16/08 11:56 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
squeak_D Offline

Sweet Mary....., up to 16 Osc per patch! WOW! Can you set velocity curves between ALL 16 Osc's? Man, with 16 Osc.., and depending on the number of velocity curves you can set.., with this new OS Korg owners will be able to use the internal presets and create some AMAZING custom voices.

I've been wanting to add an inexpensive arranger to my set up..., but the more I look into it.., and with this latest OS upgrade I just may have to say the hell with it and buy a PA-800. Then I'll tell the wife that I'll get no Christmas, Father's Day, and B-Day gifts for the next 5 years

#242717 - 09/16/08 12:14 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Dnj Offline

This is great news.....
so Squeak are you getting a Korg now you sound very excited

#242718 - 09/16/08 12:57 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
squeak_D Offline

I think I just might have to Donny. With all the tweeking you can do with the Korg PA series it would only make sense for me to have one. Now with this latest OS update..., man "tempting" doesn't even begin to cover it for me

I've always felt the PA's were the closest thing to the Hybrid arrangers.

#242719 - 09/16/08 01:09 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Are these played live, or are they preprogrammed to include the articulations?

Forget the tenor sax a second, would Yamaha please listen to the drums behind it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online