Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
I too seem to be having some issues with Tyros3's prices. I see many dealers who are selling Tyros3 for less than the $3899.99 MSP.
I get the impression that as long as they don't "advertise" a lower price that's OK? Many sites tell you to call for a price. That way they can sell for less than MSP. Does this make sense? I'm trying to get the dealer I want to buy from to honor a lower price I saw. They say they have a price guarantee and will beat any "advertised" price within 30 days of purchase. Now I wonder what that means...........-charley

Send out your request to a variety of dealers via Email for bids and buy from whom you think will give you the best combination of service and price.

If you have the money and pay cash you will get a great deal. In these economic times retailers will move some gear if they can make at least 20% AFTER shipping and credit card fees. Thats pretty slim for a product that doesn't have a huge market here relative to the Motif and other "pro" keyboards that do. The dealer would rather buy faster selling $300 guitars for $150 and make $100 each rather than wait to make $500 on a keyboard that may or may not sell. The high dollar stuff does have more room for negotiation. Credit cards and shipping can reduce margin to the point where it's not worth selling the product depending on the overhead of a particular store.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA