Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#242528 - 09/20/08 06:50 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Dnj Offline

#242529 - 09/20/08 09:50 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...

Nice demovideos, seems like a very nice instrument. But when the demonstrator says "Korg never disappoints when it comes to strings", I hear some of the worst strings ever. I know Korg has better ones.

As for the 'looks' of the thing: Korg needs a new designer team. If you ask me, the guy that designed this M3 used to work for the entry-level division at Casio.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#242530 - 09/20/08 10:55 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nice, reasoned post, AJ. Have the same opinion about most of the "folkies", but that's a personal opinion, nothing. Also agree about Jack Jones and Johnnie Mathis. Saw Mathis on a Public Television fundraiser a month ago, and at over 70, he's still touring and sounding fantastic.

Russ

#242531 - 09/20/08 11:20 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
memanny Offline

Loc: san bruno, california
it's the korg m-361 that i'm going to get. looking for a better price though. was checking it out at guitars center in san francisco, and played with it for an hour,man i liked it, ths sounds. l love playing blues, funk and jazz funk, blues funk, just love funk i guess. i will create some good stuff in my ears anyway and would love to share it wil you all. right now i have a fews guitar playing by ear songs i played, using a karaoke background, but also have a few that i arranged all background music, just gotta know how to expose it to you all . tks manny

#242532 - 09/20/08 12:33 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hold off on that M3 until you have at least TRIED an S900, PA500 or maybe an E60/50 (funk styles are good on those).

As a self taught player, I think you'll find the majority here would recommend an arranger over a workstation any day.

Sure, the M3 blows away any arranger at techno and hiphop, but you don't seem to come off as being much into that...

Minimal skills on an arranger will produce end results FAR superior to just about any WS, and their sounds and styles are geared FAR more towards your stated interests...

#242533 - 09/21/08 01:22 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
memanny Offline

tks diki, i will look into them in details. i justlike layering track on track until i get the right sounds, and then just add a lead guitar or/and a voice and writing my own lyrics. tks again . manny

#242534 - 09/23/08 02:12 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
memanny Offline

Hi, i will be using my korg m-361 for background music i will arrange and have done so before in my music, then either sing with it and/or play my guitar as a lead . this is an example of how i make up my own songs. i used a drum beat, the put in my bass using my guitar, rhythm, lead guitar , singing is me, and made up my own lyrics.
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/bfedf559

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online