SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#242473 - 09/12/08 06:25 PM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Upgrading from the Korg PA1X Pro to the PA2X Pro must have cost a bunch.

No different from going from T2 to T3 IMO.

And no, I am not missing the point...the Korg PA2XPro should have had these features at launch...they are just getting around to trying to add them now...and unsuccessfully, as it seems.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-12-2008).]

#242474 - 09/12/08 08:52 PM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tommy,
thanks for the info.

Looks like Xmas will be a month early this year. Some great new functions for nothing.

THANK YOU KORG.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TommyF:
[B]Just saw this on korgpa.com

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#242475 - 09/12/08 10:55 PM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
miden Offline

Loc: The World
The features Korg are going to provide will be stunning for sure, BUT and I refer to Leeboy's post, in the past when Korg released a new OS, they also announced all the fixes and new musical resources and styles all at the same time.

You guys mostly have history only from the PA800, PA2x..and for those who have longer, they will know.

Go back to os 1.5 with the PA1 (and my history actually goes back to OS 1.0), and then progress through all the remainder..Korg released this information, bug fixes, new styles what was in the new MR package, along with a summary of the new features.

As I have said, its what Korg have NOT said that is of concern to me.

Now, the new sounds are certainly excellent and users would want nothing more than that as an upgrade, me included, but its the fixes I really want to know about.

I am not one for sycophantically bowing at the feet of the Korg God, pleading eternal gratitude for any offerings. Sorry, its just not my go.

I applaud the release, but I want the information on what is to be fixed.

And not many have made any comment that the OS still freezes keyboards,(that info is from someone who is actually at Pakefield talking to the Korg reps) and won't be released until November, which in Korgspeak (and in my experience) means the END of November, if then.

Wake up and smell the grass people!!

Dennis

#242476 - 09/12/08 11:37 PM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Look, I've got a list as long as your arm of things I think are ESSENTIAL to be fixed on the G70 (and newer Roland's too). And I bitch as well as the next guy, and better than most when I don't see them in an upgrade

BUT.... if they added something as groundbreaking as SA type control, but didn't fix my favorite peeves, trust me, I MIGHT bitch eventually, but first I would be doing the Pee Wee Dance for at least a few weeks first!

Let's maybe wait a while, and see just how good the SA implementation is, before we slam the upgrade out of the gate. Conditional sample layers is a pretty powerful thing, and knowing Korg, at least THEY probably added the code for you to actually create sounds and modify existing ones to incorporate it, rather than Yamaha's refusal to add user editing of SA parameters.

Maybe the glass is half full, maybe the glass is half empty. But MAYBE the glass has just become twice as big as it needs to be.

#242477 - 09/13/08 06:52 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I have had a PA2XPRO for quite a while now and it has never stopped working perfectly.

I play it a lot and it just works. I think those that have had any issues are using user developed sounds which I have not gotten into yet...from what I know very few users are having any problems. There were some issues that were fixed in the last release.

I suspect OS2 will solve ALL known problems.
Would you release a new version without doing that...NO.

I think we will delighted with te new OS and musical resources.

Lee

#242478 - 09/13/08 07:02 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
Dnj Offline

Will tis new OS update include many more needed Korg Styles & easier to operate Folder system?

#242479 - 09/13/08 12:23 PM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Those two things are not mentioned, but some of us think a new musical resource will come with it hopefully with styles and new sounds using the new Nuance feature.

Lee

#242480 - 09/13/08 12:47 PM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
Dnj Offline

whene is the upgrades info on it to be announced? maybe they were waiting for the T3 release first?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-13-2008).]

#242481 - 09/13/08 03:46 PM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I bought my PA800 just after the 1.50/1.51
resources & operating system upgrades.
My PA came with the old operating system.

The upgrades included 20 to 30 upgraded styles, and a number of new "Real Guitar" sounds for use with Guitar Mode.
Not to be sneazed at. haahaa

Hopefully they will give us some new sounds & maybe some more styles.

Donny , I tend to agree, I think the folder system does confuse a lot of "new" owners at first. I was nervous about loading anything for the first week or so , until I realized I could get my PA800 back to factory standard if I inadvertantly did something wrong.

Now my style organizing into .sets,
has become so much easier with XRM software http://www.dunbharra.net/korg/forum/Blah.pl?

I have a database of all my user styles, from there I just copy them into.sets as needed. Bit easier than doing it onboard.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 09-14-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#242482 - 09/14/08 12:19 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quoting Rob Sherratt from the Korg Forums:

"To those concerned about DNC.

The new articulation facilities are accessible to people creating their own sounds. There are many new parameters associated with assigning Multisamples to sounds.

I have heard new Trumpet, Nylon Guitar, Whistle, and Jazz Organ sounds, created by Korg. I expect there are many others but I haven't had an opportunity to hear. All these are superb. They were being demonstrated at Pakefield. The new "OS2" sounds use existing factory samples from ROM, but the algorithms used for triggering the samples are much more complex and the sounds are much improved as a result.

For example, play the Jazz organ and you get a nice growly percussive effect when you play a chord, and then you get a much softer glide organ sound (without the percussion) when you glissando to the next held note."

All I can add is that Rob is a very serious guy, who knows his stuff.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online